positive HbeAg
Hi everyone. . I am a nurse diagnosed with Hep b, I have first learned about this when I applied for Saudi Arabia but was rejected and they informed me that I have this disease, that was year 2000.
I immediately consulted a hepatologist and further tests was done, found out that I was HbeAg positive. The doctor did not prescribed any treatment because the SGOT, SGPT levels were normal. I did not have any follow up check up since then.
Is it possible that being positive for HbeAg will turn inyo negative without any medicaions?
The doctor told me then that I am highly infective but I am wondering because my husband of 10 years is still negative for Hep b. He had his first test the same year as I was diagnosed and found out to be negative and had another test last month, still negative. My husband clearly remembers that he does not have any vaccinations on hep b. Is this possible that I have not yet infected him?
I hope to hear someone's opinion on this.
This forum has been very helpful, Thank you.
first off,  i have no idea why you havent been back to see a doctor for 9 years. for someone that is hbeag positive you really need to look at yourself and be on top of your condition. what you need to do now and it is very important is to schedule an appointment to see a doctor ASAP.
you will need to run a complete hepB profile testing for hbsag,hbsab,hbeag,hbeab,hbcab,hbv dna, and also run another test for liver function testing for yor alt and ast.

your doctor , 9 years ago should have asked you to come back . no clue why he didnt.

9 year while hebag positive might have caused some damage to your liver .. and maybe it hasnt..only way to find out is be to follow up on yor condition reguarly.. no more than 6 months apart between each follow up. prefered to be every 3 months at times.

as for your questions, yes a lot of people can spotaneously "e" seroconvert ( i,e.. become hbeag negative and hbeab postive on their own) . some will acheive this with the help of meds..

as for not infecting your husband, well he is negative but maybe his antibodies are postive.. you must check for his hbsab and hbcab. the first will tell you if he has antibodies andf therefore immune. the second will tell  you if he's ever had or been infected with hbv. maybe you did infect him and he cleared on his own without anything.. that way he is stil hbsag negative but turns postive for the antibodies so he too needs to run addtional testing.

this hepB isnt the type of virus that runs on fixed or preditable patterns, so some people dont ever get infected even though their spouse was never vaccinated. docotrs still dont know why some gt infeceted and some dont. i know a couple where the man died of hepB a long time ago ..in th dark ages of hepB. he was married to his wife for 50 years and she never got it.. she was always negative..she was no vaccine at her time either..alo males are usually higher on the infectious rate than women. women deal better with hepB than men.. and that also  is another intriguing thing about hepB.

anyway, do yourself the favor and get tested again. thoroughly this time. have ur husband get tested again . not sure if you have kids or not but if you do then they too need to run the same tests

good luck

Thank you so much for your response.

I had my hbeag taken again last week and the result showed non- reactive, it showed 0.230 and the cut-off value is 1.000.

My anti-HBs is non reactive with a result of 2.0 IU/L and the cut- off value is 10 IU/L.

My SGOT is 44.34 (reference value is 40 U/L). SGPT is 37.94 ( reference value is 41 U/L).

I did not have a complete hep b profile due to lack of financial resources. I think that I am still positive for hbsag considering the result of my anti- HBs, do you also think so?

My SGOT is high and my SGPT is near the borderline, what does it mean?

This forum has been helpful. I hope to hear answers from you again.

Thank you once again.
ok, your next step is to do a HBV DNA test.
you need to find out how mch virus is in you?
when you post the results please make sure you specify if th measurement is in UNITS or COPIES..

turning to hbeag negative is good.. so you seroconvered on your own it seems but the DNA test will determine if treatment is needed or maybe u can get away with just monitoring

good luck
Thank you for your response. .
Do you think that I still need to be tested for anti- Hbe and HbsAg or no need at all?  
no need now.. you are , as it seems, hbeab postive and ofcourse you know u  are hbsag postive..having the hbv dna test is essential