Hepatitis B Community
question about Hepatitis B and C

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

question about Hepatitis B and C

Hello friends... i have two questions regarding Hepatitis C and B.. 4 years ago i've had sexual intercourse with a woman of unknown status for three times..I got tested HIV negative after that for two times but never tested my blood for Hepatities.. also once when i was in a barbershop my comb was missing from my tools and so the barber had to use his public comb and i think his comb cut thru some of the pimples i had on my head....  

The question is how long does it take for symptoms of hepatits to show themselves? and is it important for me to check my blood for Hepatitis B and C after 4 years?

yes it is possible and if you like you can take vaccine but as long as your immune system is not damaged you will clear anyway without symptoms or damage

if you take vaccine take combined hav/hbv vaccine

hbv has no symptoms and if you have no aids or take immune suppressive drugs you clear hbv more than 95% times, as an adult it is less than a flu, it makes no liver damage
it is not even possible to make studies about cronic (chronic) hbv on adults because there are no cases found on normal immune system patients

it is possible to get cronic (chronic) hbv almost 100% (more than 95% times) at birth when there is no immune system.it has no symptoms when cronic (chronic) so all those with cronic (chronic) hbv get to know by chance when adults

hcv cant be transmitted by sex
i didn't take the hbv vaccine yet.. but im going to do it soon.. but still is a transmission possible thru vaginal and oral sex or with barber public tools that are used for everyone else.. how much am i at risk?