Hepatitis B Community
question about b and c

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

question about b and c

Hello all I have a quick question about hep b and c.

13 weeks after an unprotected vaginal sexual encounter I was tested for Hbv and Hcv via antibody test. The Hbv was + and the HCV was -

a week later I was retested for both in the same lab this time the HBV was negative as was the HCV. I was given am HBV quantitative test and a genotype test at that time. The results were no quantities of Hbv detected and genotype not found.

My questions are was the 13 week HBV+ antibody test just a mistake?

Was the 14 week HBV negative antibody test along with a non detectable HBV quantitative and genotype test correct?
Was 14weeks long enough for an accurate HCV result?
Oops I made a mistake about my test for HBV when I posted my question. I meant to say 13 week HBsAg was postive and at 14 weeks the HBsAg was negative sorry
repeat the tests and you must include HbsAb also and also include HVB DNA test if is possible.

HBsAg - positive at one week and negative after another week is theoretical possible in case of acute phase of HBV, but not on 13 and 14 week, usually is possible at 6 month and not on 3 months.
At week 13 the HBsAg was + and the sAb was negative. At 14 weeks the sAg and the sAb were both negative. Also at 14 weeks the quantitative test came back non detectable and the genotype test came back genotype not found.
seeing that the quantitative test was non detectable and the genotype test stated no genotype found does that mean the first HBsAg test was a false positive?
Stef, 4est can you help with my question adds ons please??
is possible to be a false test, but not likely (on wk 13 hbsag was positive and hbsab was negative - that means 2 false test compared with wk 14).

hbv dna not detectable - this is a good result and colaborate with the hbsag negative can indicate that the hbv infection was clear.

by the way how was teh exact response for hbsab ? (have to be a number, something like xxx UI/ml)
There was no number for the HBsAg the 13 week test came back positive for just HbsAg and negative for all other components. The 14 week test came back negative for HbsAg and all other components also the QUANTATIVE HBV came back no HBV present and the genotype test came back no genotype found. My doctor thought the 13 week was a false positive and started me on the vaccination after the 14 week tests came back all negative. Any thoughts?
Any thoughts on my most recent post?
Stef or 4est could you comment if available?
Anyone?
That means you have managed to get rid of your HBV, This is the case my doctor told me.

Congratulations!