Hepatitis B Community
re-active B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

re-active B

Good day:
after ive donated my blood on a certain blood bank, later ive found out that i do have HBV on my system, yes. after they've examine my blood. few days after ive tried to run blood test on a recognized testing center on our city.later then i found out thats its undenyably am a carrier of this virus.(HBV). something that bother me cuz i do have my antibodies when im young and theirs a RE-ACTIVE word on a certain point of it.
what does it mean anyways?
as ive checked to a specialist. and wondering about those three shots that he did told me, is it posible for me to have a shot of it to cure this HBV on my system? or just consistently follow his advice to wait for the activation of my Hb to have a shot of it? which is better to have a shot before or make it positive and have a shot of it?
hope to have advice from those ideas you have.
thank and God bless
info about hbv here:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=153

as long as hbsag is reactive you have cronic (chronic) infection, despite presence of antibody hbsab

vaccine might be useful if you have hbsab detactable but lower than 10miu/ml but once you reach hbsab>10miu/ml hbsag must become non reactive in 6-12months maximum, otherwise you have mutant hbsag and antibodies are useless

there has been a report study that cronic (chronic) hbv can go on even with hbsag non reactive and hbsab>10, so to be sure you have cleared hbv you must have the following:
hbsag negative, hbsab>10miu/ml, hbvdna pcr undetactable (sensitivity 1-10iu/ml), alt10miu/ml, hbvdna>1-50iu/ml usually this very low, alt<30
so it means that the 3 shot will help me despite that i do have my re-active status on my hbsag exam?
what if; my SGPT are on normal stat while my HBSAG still re-active? whats the real score about it? do this 3 shot will help me lessen this HBvirus?
hi cajim
it might help if hbsab detactable, in a study one patient with hbsab 0.06miu/ml made vaccines (don t rememeber how many) and hbsab rose to 1000miu/ml.

website messed up post, clearance (or immune control to tell the truth, clearance 100% doesn t exist for the majority of acute too):
hbsag negative, hbsab>10miu/ml, hbvdna pcr undetactable (sensitivity 1-10iu/ml), alt<30

alt alone have no meanning, all 3 test must be as above to achieve immune control

i understand you are anxious on hbsag but even when you clear hbsag you don t eradicate virus from the body you only have immune control over it, the virus will always be hidden in the cells of you liver for decades or life
so what matter is absence of liver damage which probably you have already, so do not be anxious about hbsag but just check you don t have liver damage which is the main point