Hepatitis B Community
risk?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

risk?

.One night I went to hospital to do some usual body test.When I left the hospital,I found some liquid on my laboratory test report. I am sure the liquid had touched my fingers and clothes,but I didn't do any cleaning.It is 8pm.Then I went home and slept on my bed.At 9 pm. my girlfriend came home and we had sex and fingering(I gave it to her) with the finger which touched the liquid an hour ago
Because I got it from hospital,I am afraid the liquid belongs to a person with HBV.Later I take the viruses home and they are on my clothes,bed and fingers And there are only 10 minutes on my way home,.I am afraid I take the virus home.When I have fingering with her ,the viruses on my finger and bed will make my girlfriend get HBV .This is what I worried about.Is it possible? Will she get HBV?

I hope you can answer this two question,thank you again.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, its unlikely that she will get the infection. The virus when exposed to external environment will not survive, so she will not get infected. Also, there is vaccination for hepatitis B, please have yourself vaccinated. Regards.