Hepatitis B Community
stef2011

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

stef2011

my mother(59 years old)has been detected with HbsAg +ve(250IU/mL) in 2012
at that time her HBVDNA (Quantitative was 37 IU/mL) and her LFT is normal since then.also she is HBeAg -ve ,
HB core antibody, Igm -ve , usg normal, endoscopy normal
but now on 27th april 2013 her HBVDNA is 2500IU/mL,LFT NORMAL..
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO..AM VERY TENSE. WE r from india .she is not taking any medcine
HbsAg +ve(250IU/mL) in 2012

this test is incomplete, they did not diluite the sample to count hbsag higher than 250iu/ml,there are now kits for abbott architect that are automated for values higher than 250iu/ml, you should talk to the lab and tell them to do diluition or buy the new automatd kits

you need fibroscan and hbsag quantity in iu/ml to know if therapy is need and which one
plz tell me her latest HBvDNA quantitative is 2580 IU/mL.IT WAS 37 IU/mL last year march.her LFT is normal...does she need medication now..she is not taking any medicine..plz guide me what needs to be done that will be best for her..we are from kashmir india...plz guide
is HBVDNA count of 2580 iu/ml not serious..and we will do the test that u recomended
no hbvdna is useless today, fibroscan can show liver damage and hbsag quant infected cells/chances of hbv clearance, hbvdna is coomplementary of these two
thanks dear....we wl consult hepatologist..wil update u..plz guide in future too
thanks for ur time and consideration
God bless.
I went for Hbv test on 23nov14 and was positive. My liver test was over the skies.. Six months later, my liver test is all within range but I still have Hbv. Why did my doc ask me to do another test in 6months. Are my results very bad?
HbsAg. Reactive
Hbs anti < 10.0mIU/mL
HB e Ag Non-Reactive

HBV DNA: IU/ml : 6.64E+03
HBV DNA Log: 3.82
HBV DNA copies 3.86E+04
HBV (log copy/ml): 4.59
She said to do a liver scan and the same blood test again.
Is there any hope for full recovery?
Please help me understand