Hepatitis B Community
surplus of peginterferon

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

surplus of peginterferon

Hi, I have been taking pegasys peginterferon (180 mcg). The side effects are quite tolerable, but unfortunately my ANC has been too low for me to continue with the treatment. I think I am a rare case because my doctor hasn't encountered a patient who has reacted this way to peginterferon.

I had purchased a 3 month supply in advance, but now I can't continue with the treatment. I have a surplus of eight pegasys peginterferon alfa-2a (180 mcg each) Roche brand.

If anyone is interested to buy peginterferon, I can sell the 8 that I have at a discounted price. The peginterferon is unused, unopened and refrigerated. Please let me know if anyone is interested.    
stopping peg because of low neutrophils is very wrong before trying drugs to correct it, both low anc and low platlets have drugs to correct it and only if non responsive to these drugs i d stop or try low dose peg
I tried a half dose of peginterferon, but my ANC never got higher than 1,000 since I started treatment. My doctor recommended that I switch to pegintron which is weight-based. She hopes the lower pegintron dose would be more suited to me. I am also hoping to take Filgastrim to raise my WBC count if that still doesn't work.

Thank you for your comment and suggestion. Now I feel hopeful that I can continue treatment somehow in spite of my low ANC. :)
try Filgastrim as soon as you can and try also to stay on the highest peg dose, 1000is still a good value the allarm is at less than 500

the low dose peg has very little chances to clear hbsag especially if it is monotherapy and high hbsag
I am concerned that the low peg dose might not be effective in the long run. Thank you for your advice. :)