tdf and hives
I started taking tdf jan 8th 2013.  For thepast month or so,i started having an itch.  Initially, it was only itchy on mythighs.  Now the itch is more frequent. If i dont take zyrtec,iwould have the itch at leastevrycouple of hours.  Its now on myarms,neck, chest andlegs.  The medicationworks well in loweringmyviral load.  But this itchiness is unbearable. anyoneexperiencethis?  Shouldichangemedication?  And yif yes, what should i change to? How do i lessen these allergiy symptoms?  Amalready taking vit d3 10000 units daily
Hi I am sorry I don't know what tdf is, when I treated with Inf, Riba and Incivek and got very itchy my doctor gave me a prescription, like an antihistimine to help with the itchiness.
It helped a bit but I have to say that for what ever reason sometimes nothing helped.
Good luck to you
tdf and itch are not correlated, are you on tdf alone?it is very difficult tdf makes such side
I was on TDF, vit E 400mg, zinc 50mg, vit d3 10000iu daily.  TDF made my urine tea colored and skin turning yellowish brown.  I have had extensive work up by rheumatologist and gastroenterologist.  URologist did cystoscopy but found nothing.  Basically all tests came back normal.  Finally my hepatologist switched me over to baraclude.  The urine color normalized.  Skin is lighter.  Still have hives but not as bad.  I talked to the rheumatologist and was told that some Asians don't have the proper enzymes to metabolize the drug and hence the side effects.