Hepatitis B Community
telbivudine to entacavir safe?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

telbivudine to entacavir safe?

Im on 40wks of telbivudine, at 20wks of treatment, my hbvdna become undectable from 6,000 iu. I have read many post regarding telbivudine. My question is can I shift telbivudine to entacavir or other drug or just continue telbivudine till it become resistant?
no you cant use any antiviral but tenofovir after you develop resistance

as a general rule it is also best to use tenofovir because the most potent antiviral
Ty sir stef, I will just continue telbivudine till I developed resistance before taking tenofovir. The problem here in the philippines, tenofovir is not avaiable. It is free for those who has hiv infection patients. Regulated by our department of health.
it doesn t matter you can have it prescribed off label,

the corruption in the phillipines is incredible you are banned from use of the main and most potent hbv drug but you can use useless hbv drugs that are banned worldwide, you should act on your goverment and get them all to resign, it is really a shame you can tollerate such fraud
or you can order on online pharmacies at very low price, generic tenvir from cipla is perfect, there are simply no fake drugs of this type since you can clearly see if hbvdna goes und immediately

if you order online you have to order 6 months supply to be safe