Hepatitis B Community
test results never seen them like this

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

test results never seen them like this

I have done a blood test recently and received this resylt for Hep B, does it mean NEGATIVE? No need to worry?

hepatitis b
surface antibody level 0.0 miu/ml
simply means u have ZERO/ NADA/ NULL immunity (antibodies)

but doesnt mean that u also have HEPB because u didnt test for it :)
So am I hepatatis B negative?
we dont know because u didnt get the HBSAG test :)

HBSAG test = answers yes/ no if you have it
HBSAG QUANT test = aside from answering yes/ no, it also quantifies the amt of HBSAG in your blood
HBSAB test = answers yes/ no if you have immunity
My GP not to worry that I'm ok, of course I would need immunisation for the future but he clearly said to me you are Hep B negative
So you are telling me that in a London hospital where I went for a routine check of any STD they said I'm HIV neg, Hep C neg but they DID NOT tell me if I'm or I'm not Hep B negative. My GP said because there are no antibody it means I'm not immune (as never been vaccinated) but I don't have Hep B.
Why giving false alarm mate

be aware UK has the worst healthcare system in europe and they are missing tests which are available in europe since early 2000

the best machines for hbsag detection are:
hbsag quantity by abbott architect in iu/ml, hbsag roches quant or siemens Enzygnost 6.0.these tests detect hbsag mutants while the old test give false negative for the mutants

the old tests shouldnt be used anymore, especially for the false negatives, i do hope UK doesn t use these tests for blood donations
I honestly think you guys are causing false alarm for nothing, I'm a healty person that does not sleep around, I get test regurarly (once a year at least). I go for a routine blood test and you expect me to run every time all the tests? if the Anti Hep B surface antibody come to 0.0 my GP and an other GP i spoke to say I do not have to worry about Hep B. Why you guys keep telling me I should worry about everything and becoming hycondriac? Plus I don't know where you guys live but Uk is not that bad especially Central London. I think you are making people more anxious just for a run of regular blood test.
Plus I don't know where you guys live but Uk is not that bad especially Central London. I think you are making people more anxious just for a run of regular blood test

I think when it goes Hepatitis Uk is a lot behind if you compare to other European countries .  Go to Cromwell Hospital one of the best private hospital  and one of the best hospital treats  liver disease which in Central London and ask them to have a simple blood test to find out HBSAG quantity They will not even have a code for it , they will tel you that is that HYBVDNA Quantity

I do not mean they do know what is hbsag is but the whole HOSPITALS in london they do not wanna know the  quantity of HBSAG which i think is the most important thing the patient need to know
Ok I think is all going out of proportion, I just wanted to know if having seen on all my Hep surface antibody or antigen test a Negative next to it having see the 0.0 it scared me a bit. I know i don't have it as I test regurarly and I don't sleep around. Take care
hepatitis b
surface antibody level 0.0 miu/ml

this test alone is totally useless, this says you dont have hbv immunity but doesnt say if you have cronic (chronic) hbv, hbv status and liver damage.the minimum serious control test for hbv and liver health are:

hbsag
hbsab
hbcab
hbcab igm
hbvdna
ast/alt

this can tell if there is hbv, if there is hbv immunity, if there is cronic (chronic) hbv.according to age hbsab should be present, i guess most of europe has hbv vaccines at birth or early childhood (some lose vaccine antibody in 5-10years)

if there is hbv by hbsag positive two other tests are necessary to know if liver is damaged:
fibroscan, the only test that can detect liver damage, not only damage by hbv but also damage by fat diet, fatty liver, alcool and so on.so good test to have once in lifetime

ultrasound, needed to prevent death by liver cancer because if there is a liver cancer it gets to untreatable after 6 months and death is the only fast option

all this may sound too much but at least in italy we all all these tests performed in about 30min when we go for blood test at day hospital, all free of course for the hbv cronic (chronic) carriers.this is every 4-6 months free of charge tests