Hepatitis B Community
treatment, cure, or alternative medicine for hepatitis b?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

my friend has been possitive for hepa b or HBsAg test and the doctor said there is no more cure for it and that he/she will be a lifetime carrier of the said disease. is this true? what would you advise on this matter?

we've been to a private doctor and we were told to have the so called "tither's test" but we cant afford to have this since it is expensive. by the way, my friend had his first possitive test of hepaB since may 2003. so could you please give us some advise or help regarding treatment / cure / medication please? thankyou and more power.
Try to get your friend under the care of liver doctor.  A regular doctor is good for some things but not for Hep - your friend needs to be speaking to and following up with a liver doctor.  If your friend needs financial assistance or can't get medical care because of no money, no insurance, etc, go through social services and apply for everything.  Apply apply apply. I had nothing - no health insurance anymore, no job, no income, no medicaid, no money, no utilities for a while - it was the pits waiting for public assistance, but I did get it, and I got medical care, too (adult medicaid), and now I'm on Medicare.  Just bite the bullet and do whatever you have to do to get the medical care.  It can be had.  Best of luck.
im postive in hepab. i want to pursue my application going to dubai my friends told me that this country is very strict with this kind of disease. i just want to knw ispite of having this can i still work to abroad or dubai and what test do i have to undergoe to prove that im really fit to work/
phil
Firstly, there are no doctors here.  We're just regular folks sharing comments based on personal experience.

Jhenz007: For those with chronic HepB, there is no cure at the present time.  You friend should check his/her ALT / AST and HepB DNA to determine if it's a active disease.  If it's an active disease, your friend should consider asking about treatment.  Or if it's an inactive disease, your friend may not need treatment, just monitoring to screen for liver cancer since all HepB individual are at a higher risk for that.  Hopefully, your friend resides in a country with a good health care system with good access.  Good luck.

xela:  Every country has different rules for HepB so I would check your your country's health department or equivalent.  I'm not sure if anyone here could answer your question.
i have had chronic hep b for around ten years. my numbers are around 200 to 600. my dr. tells me that i don't need treatment because my numbers are so low. For the past year, i have been complaining about some pains on my upper right side and sometimes a sunburn like feeling inside my body. Some days its worse than others. With my numbers so low, do you think these unexplainable pains are fro the hep b? My dr. thinks its from something unrelated.
My last blood work showed a 120 viral load. Thanks for your response.
Hi, I have had chronic hep b for more than ten years too.  My numbers can be from a few hundred to a few thousand.  It was in thousands for a few years, then it came down to a few hundreds after I turned to vegetarian diet.  There is no treatment needed. I don't think pain on upper right side or sunburn is related to hepb.
my bf was diagnosed jusy a while ago with hepa B. so sad.. he is only 23 yrs old and we dont really know what to do.. i think he is for hepa b profile for us to double check if it is chronic or so called acute.
hi i'm mitch aged 22 alam niyo guys di ko na alam ang gagawin ko,  natatakot ako for my baby nalaman ko lng kasi that i was diagnosed with Hepa B nung nag pa lab ako for my pregnancy sobrang worry talaga ako...nakakafrustrate
I went to Dubai last December 2009 in visit visa. After a week I got a good job in Private medical Center in jumerah. My employer canceled my visit visa and converted to residence visa, they told me that I don’t need to exit to my home country while converting my visit visa to residence visa because they have a good PRO who will process everything for me, they paid the immigration and everything for my residence visa. I got my residence visa before my medical but they still holding it because I'm not yet done in my medical. Second week of January 2010 my employer asked me to go in one of the government hospital in Dubai for my medical, After a week the hospital asked me for re-check because they found something in my blood. After the re-checked I got the result after few days. Very frustrating that I had Hepa - b positive resulted and it was indicated on my Medical report " Not fit to work" and my employer explain everything regarding my case including they can't do anything for my medical and they cant keep me so they have to cancel my residence visa. They asked me to sign in few papers to be able for them to cancel my visa; I can’t read those written on that paper because it was in Arabic. After I signed those papers they told me that it was my last day for work and I need to go back home as soon as possible, thy also told me that I was banned in Dubai for 2 years and they sorry for that. So I have no more choice than to go back home (Philippines). I hope my stories will help you to decide... More power to us!!!... Never lost hope because God has mercy.   Just keep praying to Him, I do believe in Miracle.
i got hepa b for so long... i feel fine coz i have medication... andits too expensive for my medication... my problem become bigeer when my bro aply for a job the he need to have a medical certificate, he has heppa b too and its active... im feel so sorry for my bro... maybe i have to blame my self for waht happen... he was imunized when he was still young... anddont why he got it... if only i can kill my self... but i cant coz i dont want to live my bro... now i dont know what to do... hope i can win in a lotto game... so that i take good care of bros health.... i just keep on praying to god that hope my bro will be ok... so hard to deal with coz im maybe the one that give my bro a hepa b..... pls help me god... myabe i can accept the fact that about my situation? but for my bro? it is so hard... some time i just want to cry....
my friend everything will be alright....trust to GOD..never lose hope!!!!
I just found out that i'm an hep b positive few months ago and i don't know what to do.. i'm only 20 and a fresh grad and yet i can't land a job because of this.. I feel very frustrated about it and I wonder why hep b carriers are not fit to work while hep a carriers are allowed.. why is that so?
hi.. i am also a hep b reactive but it is inactive. i am a bit curious what happened to yo now??do you still have work here in he phippines??that is also why i am not applying for any job outside the country. i dont want to get frustrated
hello mitchie.

Im a hepa b patients i just giving birth this year... regarding you are  pregnant . dont worry about it .. your baby should have a hepa b vaccine with Immunoglobulin injection within 24 hours after giving birth your baby will be safe from infection. just tell your doctor that you have hepa b . . they know what to do... tc
hello mitchie.

no matter
the only way to cure hepatitis B is to rest and drink lots of water and fluids like juices.
don't eat fat rich foods