Hepatitis B Community
truth of hbv

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

truth of hbv

Hello all community members. In one article i read that only 25 percent of chronic hbv patient will develop cirossis in future if  untreated and rest 75 percent no need treatment.is it true please clearify.thanks a lot
yes it is
I don't get the 75% no need treatment?
yes actually it should say "do not develop severe fibrosis/cirrhosis without treatment" but there is no way to know in advance who will stay hcc free or severe fibrosis free so it makes no sense the 75% part, while the fact that few develop cirrhosis is the important part
With successful antiviral treatment can one still progress to cirrhosis?  I know HCC is still a risk, although I read it is reduced with antivirals.
yes if eating processed foods, ogm foods with chemicals, overweight...the liver keeps being damaged from other things and a minority of patients had this damage during nucs
Thanks to all my community members for quick responce