Hepatitis B Community
truth of hbv
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

truth of hbv

Hello all community members. In one article i read that only 25 percent of chronic hbv patient will develop cirossis in future if  untreated and rest 75 percent no need treatment.is it true please clearify.thanks a lot
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
yes it is
Blank
I don't get the 75% no need treatment?
Blank
yes actually it should say "do not develop severe fibrosis/cirrhosis without treatment" but there is no way to know in advance who will stay hcc free or severe fibrosis free so it makes no sense the 75% part, while the fact that few develop cirrhosis is the important part
Blank
With successful antiviral treatment can one still progress to cirrhosis?  I know HCC is still a risk, although I read it is reduced with antivirals.
Blank
yes if eating processed foods, ogm foods with chemicals, overweight...the liver keeps being damaged from other things and a minority of patients had this damage during nucs
Blank
Thanks to all my community members for quick responce
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources