Hepatitis B Community
ufc fighter cured
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ufc fighter cured

i wonder what treatment this guy had
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2013/03/08/geronimo-dos-santos-reveals-his-hepatitis-b-has-cleared-up-and-he’s-looking-forward-to-his-ufc-debut/
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think i've read about this and he was in the acute phase.
Blank
This is information from Wikipedia.

"Dos Santos was scheduled to make his UFC debut against Gabriel Gonzaga on October 13, 2012, at UFC 153. However, dos Santos pulled out of the bout and the fight was scratched from the card after a blood test showed that he had antibodies for Hepatitis B, a disease he had when he was 18 years old. He recovered from it, but the inactive virus remained in his body. He will now have to undergo a twelve-month treatment in order to completely get rid of the virus.

On March 8, 2013, it was announced that Dos Santos had been cured of Hepatitis B"

It is possible that he was inactive chronic HB.
Blank
yes i also read that he caught it when he was 18
12 month treatment must have done interferon i guess.
Blank
dont get what is it all about?
Blank
This simply means, that people with money cure their HBV... Just like cancer. The treatments we have no access to they have.

Interferon was used most likely yes.. and this goes to show you. That they sure did not put him just on a NUC like the rest of us.

For me with undetectable viral load, my health insurance company won't pay for interferon. NOT medically necessary.. they say..

That is why I say all this HBV treatment game  is a huge eugenics operation to suck money out of people and slowly kill us with antivirals, that are just as dangerous if not more then HBV..

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...