using peg interferon alpha 2a
Hi good day to everyone, i am infected with hep b. my doctor prescribe to use peg interferon alpha 2a,and it will be finish it this month of june, almost 1 year of treatment. before i start peg interferon i felt sick. when i got the first 3 month of treatment my hbv dna goes down 5million u/l from 6billion copies and in the 6mos it became 1.5million u/l, this june is the end of my treatment. and the last lab test will on the last injection 48weeks. Did somebody have also the same experience like me.. thanks a lot

i think it was totally useless, they didn t even did the correct tests to see if interferon was working or just a waste of time....
monitoring hbvdna only is useless even if it gets undetactable, change doctor and look for an expert one

hbsag quantity no decrease by 12-24 weeks, stop interferon because useless
hbvdna, must get to und or at least 3 logs by 24weeks otherwise stop because useless

in case there is an hbsag decrease it is better to continue for 2 years, combo with entecavir or tenofovir increase hbv eradication.

what is your hbsag quantity in iu/ml after 48weeks?

i just noticed you are n the philippines and there are no tolls to monitor hbsag there, so the doctor is good, it is the country healthcare a mess
Hi good day actually i started last year june 2010 first lab test 640million copies, at september 2010 we do lab test hbvDNa decrease to 5million and the 2nd lab test is on last dec 2010 hbvDna decrease to 1.5million and the last lab test will the end of treatment on end of june 2011. this will be last lab. thank you
Hi stef this my lab test last dec 2010
hbsag _ reactive
anti hbs_non reactive
anti hbc_reactive
hbe antigen_reactive
anti hbe_non reactive
anti hav (lgG)_reactive

it looks like interferon failed complitely because even hbeag is still reactive.

what about alt level before therapy and after therapy and hbvdna at 48weeks?if there is a minimum response you might try interferon+alinia combo, from hcv trials alinia boosts interferon response and it is even more active on hbv but you'll have to use it off label because it is an orphan drug, no money for big trials
the alt level is normal and also the sgpt even the liver ultra sound are normal.what can you say about my lab test. is a chronic or acute. thanks for the info
another lab test we will do on the end of june this the final labtest. may god help me.....