what happen if I have hep A and hep B together?
Do they use the same test results? my recent result came back and showing "hepatitis A total" reactive, what does that mean? can hep b vaccination prevent hep A, b/c I don't want my hubby to get it or family members. Is hep A just as seriouse as hep b since they have the same sytoms?
The tests are different and reactive means positive.  There are two different vaccinations for Hep A and Hep B so no, one won't provide protection from the other.  IMO, all of it is serious since it involves the liver.  Have your hubby tested for both Hep A and B and if negative, vaccinate.  As far as family members, practice very strict hygiene (hand washing after touching bodily fluids, going to bathroom, before cooking.  If you have Hep B also, clean up any blood spills with one part bleach, ten parts water, dispose of blood soiled sanitary items separately in a plastic bag, then throw away.)  Hope this helps some, I'm not an expert, just a lady who caught this virus (Hep B) unfortunately.  Best wishes.
i ve just read an article today about this and if you are an adult with healthy immune system you can clear hbv+hdv and hbv+hav easily, only hbv+hcv is dangerous since hcv mutate so much that even immune system can t do much and the most stay cronic

hav and also hepatitis E virus are never cronic so if your immune system is not suppressed you can clear them easily.
is there a way to tell how long I had hep a? This is new thing to me since I found out that i have hep b and my doc appt is next month. My hubby tested neg for hep a couple months back. does all hep A people needs treatment? Any cure? Thanks

short time, it is never cronic and always clear, it might get a little longer because of hbv coinfection

just take care of hbv that s the only dangerous