Hepatitis B Community
what is anti-hbc igG(reverse)reactive

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

what is anti-hbc igG(reverse)reactive

hi..what does it mean if i have hbsag reactive patient count 3.00 cut off value 0.765 and anti-hbc igg(reverse)reactive patient count 0.435 cut off value 0.761..is this acute or chronic? it is curable? the other test shown nonreactive..can u interpret this..what is anti-hbc igg(reverse)reactive..my doctor said that the virus in my blood is inactive and im a carrier..please help me to get clear off this virus..he told me to comeback after 3 months,i was taking supplements and fern c..i eat healthy foods like greeny vegies and fruits..im waiting for my visa abroad in Kuwait but im afraid that this virus cause o lot of problems in my career..please help me..
It means you tested positive for HbsAg and also Anti-HBc Igg. These results are typical for someone who has chronic Hepatitis B. Your other tests, whatever they are, are non-reactive. Most likely, it means your HbeAg is negative which normally indicates a low-replicative phase. However, this is not always the case. You really must also test
1. your liver functions
2. ALT
3. hbvdna

Supplements cannot cure Hepatitis B. A balanced diet, healthy life style, no smoking, no drinking, regular exercise (under the sun to maintain your Vitamin D level) are all better for you.

Kuwait and other Middle East countries discriminate people with Hepatitis B. It is pure discrimination based on ignorance and prejudice. Protest if they will not give you a visa. These countries are in the wrong, not you.
does it mean im a chronic? it is curable,,
what does it mean off anti hbc igg reverse reactive?
Most likely you are chronic. At the moment there is not cure for chronic Hepatitis B. A small percentage of patients, 1 - 2% per year will lose the HBsAg naturally. Not all chronic Hepatitis B patients need treatment, however the disease is variable, these patients still need to be monitored in case the virus or host conditions change. For those who need treatment, there are two oral antivirals, Entecavir and Tenofovir, that are very effective in controlling the disease, but generally require to be taken for a long time. There is also Interferon, a finite course of treatment but not effective for most patients.

I don't know what "reverse reactive" mean, most likely it is related to the type of assay used and the criteria for interpreting the result - a job for the Lab technicians and is not necessary for patients to understand.
here are my hepa profile test..

test method..ELISA

Parameter                         Patient Count             Cut off value          Interpretation

hbsag                                     3.00                             0.765                      Reactive
hbeag                                     0.363                           0.714                NonReactive
Anti-hbs                                  0.337                           0.683                Nonreactive
Anti-Hbe(reverse)                  1.996                           1.854                Nonreactive
Anti-hbc IgG(reverse)             0.435                           0.761                 Reactive
Anti-hbc IgM                             0.366                          0.676               Nonreactive
Anti_HAV IgG(reverse)                          NONE
anti-HAV IgM                                           NONE
anti-Hcv                                                     None

is there any chance to get clear off this virus..im so depressed
It seems you don't have Hepatitis c and have never been infected with Hepatitis A.

There is no cure at the moment, but it does not mean there will never be a cure. There are some treatments that over a period of time will lead to a cure.

thank you for the info.. i always pray to GOD to wipe away these kind of viruses.