Hepatitis B Community
what is hepatits b quantitave test meaning

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hi
I am having hepatitis b from last ten years I use to test regularly in the beginning my pcr was nill but then I get random reading
from last four years I stop all test as doctors just keep on testing and not prescribing any thing but after five years I tested quantitave test
it came 4777.88
what does that mean exactly
hepatitis b effect my life as  hell I cannot get job in any govt organization I cannot work in most of gulf my career damaged still doc didn't gave me a thing but now I am planning to visit him again with this quantitave test of 4777.88
I just wanna know is there any real treatment and what does this report meaning and is there any case that basic test of hepatitis b became negative coz its major hazard in my career I am jobless coz I am hp positive its hell
It means you have an active virus in your blood. Most likely 4,777 copies in ml of blood..  Treatment is advised in this situation..
4777.88 quantitative of what?hbsag, hbcab igm, hbvdna, hbeag, hbsab, hbeab...everything can be quantitative about hbv antigens and most important what unit a mere number without unit is quantitative of nothing
First of all, do not get very upset, and remember that HBV is a common disease, more than 350 million people worldwide have it. Almost 1 in every 20 is a chronic carrier. You and i did not chose to get it, but we have it now, just remember that it is not the end of the world.
The most important thing is to remember is NOT that you cannot get a job abroad, but that the disease can be dangerous and even life threatening. Thankfully, there are medicines available that can control or reduce damage that HBV can cause. But they are not prescribed/beneficial for everyone. You have to learn about the disease. This forum, or many good websites or a talk with a good doctor can help you get a good understanding. The absolutely important thing is that you should get a good hepatologist, with a real good reputation. Get yourself checked through blood tests, ultrasound and fibroscan. Only when you are sure your liver is ok, then just keep monitoring yourself regularly as per your doc's advice. Good luck.