Hepatitis B Community
what is testing window of hep B
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what is testing window of hep B

I had a protected sex for under 1 min followed by a unprotected hand job no oral sex at 12 weeks ago and done the test at 10 weeks for all stds including hepB which came back clear, I was wondering if I can call this conclusive?

6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
it is useless to test for hbv this way, all adults clear it by immune system and can have vaccine, so nobody tests the way you do
Blank
I was asked by my doctor for this test and its recommended to be tested for hbv if you had sex intercourse, so you say no one gets hbv? or what exactly?
Blank
and can i get vaccine now which i don't know my status?
Blank
and sorry one last question,how can i know my status if i can't get tested?
Blank
have hbv vaccine plus immune globulins, in most countries you get it at pharmacy and test hbsab in 1 month, once hbsab>10miu/ml you are immune to hbv

as to testing again it is useless to test hbsag before 6months, if you get hbv you clear hbsag in 6-1 months and no drugs will be given to you whatsoever anyway because hbv is cleared by immune system, it is only babies at birth that get chronic hbv because they have no immune system
Blank
only when you are hbsag positive it makes no sense to have vaccine, it will make no harm anyway but once hbsag positive it is a waste of money
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...