Hepatitis B Community
work place discrimination

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

work place discrimination

i recently tested positive for the hepatitis b virus.My employer tells me i cannot go back to my job as flight attendant on the grounds that i can spread the virus on the aircraft.I consider this a case of workplace discrimination because chances  of spreading the virus casually on an aircraft are practically non existent.Can anyone give me some tips on how to challenge this. Please advice.
unfortunately, this is the case for many people with hbv. employers usually are protected by law when they do that so i am not sure your try will work.. good luck with your work
check your hbv-dna, in europe you can even be a doctor or dentist but your hbv-dna must be very low.
For example in italy your employer cannot check your blood to know your what diseases you have, check laws in your country by google or a lawyer
I'm pretty sure there was a law recently passed against workplace discrimination to do with hep b in japan or china, search it on google. I came across it. Don't know if that will help.
Thanks a lot peole am soon posting some very good news.I pursued the matter very seriuosly and from the look of things am soon going back to work and my company doctors job is on the line and the local doctors licensing body intends to give her a cautionary letter.WHO policy on hepatitis b is very clear you cannot be stopped from working .As long as your country is a member of WHO THEN YOU HAVE PERFECT DEFENCE.Let us stick together in this forum and not allow people to dehumanise as for getting a health condition.It is not a sin to be sick nor is it a crime.I will be posing the full report soon.Thank God.