Hepatitis B Community
worried patient hepatitis b

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

worried patient hepatitis b

i am a hep. B infected patient. recently a friend of mine died of it and it has put so much fear in me because i feel terrible pains around my upper part of my right abdomen..i did several tests and scans and this is what i have as a result.. i need your help please dont hide the truth from me even if i have short time to live

RESULTS

HBsAg  -  REACTIVE
HBsAb  - NON REACTIVE
HBeAG  -NON REACTIVE
HBeAb - NON REACTIVE
HBcAb - REACTIVE  
--------------------------------------
HIGH Alk. Phosphatase of 126.. < the only flagged (H) in my kidney and LFT

------------------------------------------------
VIRAL LOAD RESULT says
HBV /DNA  copies  - 517,556 cp/ml
hepatitis b virus DNA  -  104,391 iu/ml
ENDOCRINOLOGY

S-al Fetoprotein    4.0 KU/L

-------------------------------------------
i am on no drugs and the only symptoms i have is the intensive pain in my right upper part of my abdomen.
someone suggested soursop tea to help the liver function to work well.. what are my chances of survival and how long do i have more  to live
If you are experiencing problems then why don't you consult a good liver specialist for treatment?Before the situation gets more worse you should immediately start your treatment.Don't get depressed so much,if you start taking medicines by now, you should be able to recover.Your viral load is quite high so start taking antivirals after consulting a good doctor.

your dna is extremely low but this has no meaning as regards hbv infection or liver damage.this may just reflect a good immune response

hbeag negative and hbeab negative, this also means a good immune response and probably a precore/bcp mutation not yet present but it wil develop if no treatment

the problem is you did the most useless and complementary tests missing the main important tests to know your status and predict if you will clear hbv infection on treatments,

"just one thing absolutely certain antivirals are useless in your case because hbvdna is already low" and they will suppress your little immune response probably presnet now

so to know what is your status you need the main hbv tests:

hbsag quantity in iu/ml, this reflects the number of infected cells in your liver and your immune response to hbv.if it is less than 1500iu/ml hbv can be cleared definitively by peginterferon treatment

fibroscan, the only test to monitor and show liver damage

without these two main tests we know nothing about your status.also remember hbv infection is complex and it is not hbv to make damage to us, it makes no damage, so it is important to get a good liver specialist because most have less knowledge than many of us members of this forum and will just put you on useless antivirals for you
i have no symptoms or whatsoever just constant pain at my upper right abdomen.. i feel blotted. and it pains.
stef my greatest worry is the mere that fact that in Ghana there are no known liver specialists who know these things. A lot more people around are only into herbal medicines.. drugs which  i read over here are not even heard of in Ghana. and if they existed very very expensive. i really hope the pains i feel diminish because no other symptom is showing itself