Hepatitis B Community
worried

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

worried

Hello everybody ,
My Doc. wanna to repeat my PCR for more check .
My last results were : Hbsag -ve , Hbsab +ve  ,  Hbeag -ve  ,  Hbeab +ve , Hbcab +ve , Hbcigm -ve
two times of PCR  result were  : undetectable
The Doc. wanna to make sure no DNA (HBV)  for the 3rd time for confirmation .
He said that there may be a mutant HBV . So in that case Hbsag cant be detected and only PCR discover that .
Is that common ? And can that be happened even when my body made Hbsab??
Also he said that he has to follow up me for one year ( each 3 months by PCR ) .
Can an expert help me , please ?

you are probably using obsolete machines to check hbsag, abbott architect, roches elycsys and lastest siemens machines (which i forgot the name), all detects hbsag mutants
obsolete hbsag machines are outlaw in many rich countries because they cannot screen for infection due to poor sensibility and not detecting mutants

in your case there is no reason to recheck hbvdna 3 times, why is he doing so?you look perfectly immune, test with the correct machines, which are not new architect is commercially available since 2000, can solve the question

hbsag is also extremly cheap while pcr is a rip off
Also he said that he has to follow up me for one year ( each 3 months by PCR )

ask him the reason to suspect mutants, so we can understand if he is expert or just a drug seller.it is not common to test so much once hbvdna und and hbsab detactable.if you got hbv as an adult it is also useless to make tests....all adults clear, it is only nfected at birth to have many mutations

if you are in US everything about hbv is obsolete, check the old posts we have agrement with a labnetwork in india to receive by fedex and test samples for hbsag with architect

sensibility of architect is 0.05iu/ml
Hi ,
I have no ideas about the machines that used . Mostly I did several rapid tests (all -ve)
I did  elisa test in MEDLAB in Jordan ( It is famous lab.) last month. They gave me hbsag -ve also .
I had acute symptoms 8 months ago .Thereafter 3 months later I did by elisa in the goverment lab in Iraq  and found  hbsag -ve and hbcabtotal +ve , hbcigm -ve and they didn't test hbsab .
4 months ago I tested hbvdna twice in 2 different labs and they were und.
The doctor told me that the reasons to do new hbvdna ( in a free goverment lab. ) are :
1- that he wanna to make sure no mutant since hbvdna always right .
2- to make sure that the tests that I did in private labs are right .
3- He used to follow up his patient for one year in like those cases .
If it necessary , I'll try to send them e mail to ask them about machines used . . Or if you have an advice , please .
hbsab  and hbe ab both are + ve always .