Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community
What helps
About This Community:

This forum is for those who have taken HCV treatment, and have been off treatment for at least 6 months, to discuss any lingering or new health issues that may have been caused by the Hepatitis C virus itself or may be related to treatment for Hepatitis C. Some examples are autoimmune conditions, previous medical conditions exacerbated by the virus or the treatment, liver damage, and inflammation of the joints.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What helps

OK this falls under anecdotal, since I've never run across any studies that address 'Post-IFN Syndrome' and my  exact set of symptoms, but besides the standard 'good diet and exercise' advice, there seem to be two supplements that have helped my recovery  --  CerefolinNAC and CoEnzymeQ10.
If you go to the 'HR' site
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepResearcher-doctor-on-various-topics/show/38?cid=64
there are good discussions on other things such as PPC and resveratrol, but I believe most of these discussions are geared to people who can't tx or have attempted tx and not gotten SVR.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I too, take supplements recommended by HR and I believe with an adjustment to my diet (nothing processed) and acupuncture as well as the liver supplements have helped with the healing.
Sunflower mentioned walking and I really don't think exercise can be overestimated. I did very little exercise while I was so sick, it was just too painful but as a result I experienced atrophied muscles. Now I walk and swim daily and occassionally do gentle yoga and that too, has helped.
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Hi, thanks so much for sharing this information. I really appreciate.
It is funny you mentioned HR, I am still reading his old posts.

He is around, he answered one of Hector's posts several months ago and said that reservatrol is good as well.
Thanks again, this is great!
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
I wanted to come back and say that when I had brain fog really bad I took NADH it is a co-enzyme.  Now that I am better I occasionally take it but it did help quite a bit.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...