Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community
post treatment

This forum is for those who have taken HCV treatment, and have been off treatment for at least 6 months, to discuss any lingering or new health issues that may have been caused by the Hepatitis C virus itself or may be related to treatment for Hepatitis C. Some examples are autoimmune conditions, previous medical conditions exacerbated by the virus or the treatment, liver damage, and inflammation of the joints.

post treatment

I did triple therapy for 10 weeks last Oct and had to stop on the advice of my specialist due to sever side effects. Why is it that my symptoms are more severe than before tx?  
These drugs are powerful.  My husband lasted only 5 weeks on triple treatment because he had advanced liver disease. His liver decompensated following treatment and landed in the hospital for 7 weeks. It was a horrible experience.  It took 5 months for him to feel better,  Yet he does not regret doing it because the virus remained unquantifiable for 8 months until he got his transplant.

Hang in there. You will start to feel better but it will take time.

All the best
Nan
Everyone experiences different sets of side effects from this treatment. I had sx after tx that I didn't have during tx! They arrived about 3 months after I finished. Things are getting better now but it does take time.
Everyone is different in how their body reacts to the tx drugs.
My nurse kept telling me to be patient.
I am 7 months finished and am feeling better every day.