Hepatitis C Community
?????

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

?????

Is it oxomoronish to cancel a Dr. appointment because one feels to ill to go see the man that heals?
I am not sure Timothy, but do make sure your Dr. knows how badly you are feeling.
You have been through the wringer for quite awhile, how much longer before EOT?

All the best to you,
Riv
Why do you ask?  More detail needed to provide any response.  Is this in any way related to HCV?
Hey Timothy my friend! I wouldn't say it to be "oxomoronish"  There were times on TX where I felt horrible and didn't want to go see the "man that heals" I can only speak from my experience and that is I could view my labs well before I saw my doc. So, because I did my research and knew that my labs were "acceptable" I would call in and re-schedule. If you dont have that access and have pending lab results then it would definitely be in your best interest to keep the appointment. Im not saying miss the appointment but if you feel that bad, maybe a call into his/her office voicing these feelings and the intent to reschedule...he/she may call and say that you need to come in because this lab value is too low...etc etc.

I dont know...my doc kept me on a tight leash....I saw him quite frequently and was a constant pin cushion. BUT...we did have good phone communication so I was know to cancel an appointment here and there due to feeling very bad.

So...to sum it up...just give your doc a call and voice how you feel and would it be ok to re-schedule. Hope all else is well on the home-front.
Hey Sean, I too have been following my labs close, almost to close. LOL
I did call the doctor will see him on Tuesday. Cal me crazy or maybe slow but after 27 weeks still unclear as to who has direct control of my HCV. My Primary care or try to keep this between my specialist and myself.
I do see my PC every couple months, and see the specialist once a month.
Actually was doing pretty well for a couple weeks, then came down with a bug last month, bronchitis and have yet to recover.
Back to the labs, everything looks good. Not much a reflection as to how I feel though.
The hardest part lately is keeping any type of food down, and of course 105 degrees temp outside isn't helping me much either    
Thank you Riv.
This truly has been an experience. Ha and I thought the half way point would bring with it joy and happiness.
As things stand now EOT is 10-31-2013. "All souls day, Old saints day? Now that does bring a smile to my face.
I have been real reluctant to say too much about how I really feel, I really don't want anything other than ultimate failure to cause this journey to end.
What I mean...I have been given a chance to repair some of the damage I have caused and refuse to let weakness on my part to throw in the towel.
Oh boy, I sure do remember that feeling! I hardly ever saw my hepatologist during my 47-weeks of tx, but I never would have made it to even half of my lab tests if not for my husband taking time off work to drive me in. I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling so crummy now! Maybe you can just drop by a lab for a blood draw on one of your better days and talk to the doctor by phone instead of in person? The prize is worth putting up with a lot to achieve, so keep on hanging in there! I'm sending lots of good energy your way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIeMQgtbWD4