It seems to have some potential for helping. You are in the age group where you are more likely to become affected by an occurence of shingles. On the other hand, since there have been some adverse effects and it has gone to Phase 4 trials (post drug release further evaluation) might you consider simply waiting until that study is over before making your decision?
In the meanwhile you can also ask if there is any HCV related issues (either generally or specific to your case).
I'll admit; I don't know a lot about this and (since the FDA is going with a phase 4 study) maybe no one has enough information yet to make a sound recommendation.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.