Hepatitis C Community
1 year post test
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

1 year post test

I am soon to take my 1 yr test hoping that I am still undetectable. I always used Labcorps most sensitive test although it cost a hefty co pay. At this point I am thinking that a far less sensitive test ( which would cost me nothing) would be fine as a relapse would be easily detectible. I think a test with a low limit of 615 would be ok at this point, any one disagree and if so why.

Thanks, Gary

Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
I think almost any viral assay would be appropriate at 1 year post treatment. There is nothing wrong with the bDNA >615 test; my hepatologist is part of a research/transplant center and supposedly practices cutting-edge medicine, and uses it frequently. The bDNA assay is very specific for HCV; I'd personally be very satisfied with this application. I’d think that if relapse occurred, the virus would have reestablished itself in a robust manner by now.

I am 1.5 years out now, and they are so confident of the durability of SVR that they will no longer routinely test me for HCV.

Best to you—

Bill
Blank
A 615 sensitivity makes sense to me also but is a PCR qualitative to a limit of 50 that much more expensive?  I'm curious by how much, if so.

I thought the super-sensitive tests to ten, five or two were the more costly ones, possibly due to using TMA, not PCR.  

Can't remember squat about this but I'd personally feel fine with a 615.

Blank
87972_tn?1322664839
Gary, if the test is good enough for Michelangelo’s David, I’d go for it :o).
Blank
Any test will do but I would just do the labcorp UltraQual. this is the most sensitive test. This test is just a quualatitive test not a pcr so it is not that expensive. It simply says pos or neg, this is all you need to know at this point. But as a member here by the name of hepatitis researcher once said if you are UND by this test then you are really UND !!! good luck
Blank
Agree with copyman. After one year, all you want to know is whether you are positive or negative and a qualitative test is less expensive.

Using the LabCorp test number is important to avoid mistakes.

#550400 HCV Qualitative RNA PCR -  Detects and confirms Hepatitis C infection - no assay sensitivity given.

#140609 HCV NGI UltraQual - assay sensitivity 5-8 copies/ml (2-3 IU/ml)

Congratulations on your SVR!!

Diamond_Lil

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703