Hepatitis C Community
15,000,000 12week undetectable

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

15,000,000 12week undetectable

Hi yall had to share my good news im the one who has the 5 kids that are always driven me nuts, but are total  Blessings....
       1a  f starting load at 15,000,000,
       12 week < 10IU/ml HCA Quantasure plus (serial),thats a good test right? UNDETECTABLE
        HEMOGLOBIN    12.2 STARTED14.5
        HEMATOCRIT    36.3
        NEUTROPHILS   1.3 HAD BEEN DOWN TO .5
        RDW ( DONT KNOW WHAT THAT  IS) 16.9 IS HIGH
        AST      21
        ALT      28
       THIS IS A TOTAL BLESSING IM REALLY NOT AT MY IDEAL WIEGHT I HAD A HIGH  LOAD AND BEING 1A, HAD A RADICLE DROP IN WHITES THE FIRST TWO WEEKS...SIDES HAVE BEEN TIRED TIRED TIRED .. HAVE THICK LONG HAIR  STARTED REALLY COMING OUT 2 WEEKS AGO STOMACHE ISSUES AM NOW BORDERLING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I TAKE PEG 180 AND 1200 RIBA ON SHOT 15 OF 48 FRI
  I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE HERE FOR THIER KNOWLEDGE AND SUPPORT AND I WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN MY PRAYERS THAT WE ALL WILL REACH THE GREAT SVR... BLESSING ANGIE
Hey that sure is GREAT you keep it up and it's a piece of cake from here on in!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as you are winning...it will help keep you going! Now keep on killing those bugs so your kids can drive you crazy(er) for many years to come!

Congrats keep up the good work!
Congraulations on undetectable! and how do you do it? 5 kids? You're a miracle. I'm a 1b with 10 million viral load pre-tx and on week 5/48 tonight. Have you been on neupogen for your low neutrophils? At what number did that start? My rn told me just now that i'm at 1071 and i have to do another cbc in 2 weeks instead of a month. if i go below 1000 then i guess they'll send me to a hematologist? I'm a little concerned, but guess it's just part of it. anyway, any info from anyone is greatly appreciated and once again, congraulations!   tracy
Congratulations!!  That's amazing and wonderful.

Your most impressive statistic is the FIVE kids.

I'm 3a, started at 16.5 million, in 13/24, now undetectable, with two kids, one giant poodle, and 2 cats.  You're my role model.
no im not on any rescue drugs my low was .5 by the next cbc i had done it was climbing back up on its own  if it would have stayed at .5 i would have been put on some kind of white cell booster now im leveling out been staying at 1.3 is low but not booster worthy i hear now they let you go to .5 or lower before starting rescue  drugs so i think your still in ok range....do you get weekly cbc done?
That's really fantastic news - Congratulations to you. Mike
Is that good? Gal that is great i don't think you could ask for anything better.

Now having 5 kids, i don't know about that. It only took 2 to drive me crazy so you might want to keep an eye out on that. Best going forward looking great for you.

And yes that <10iu/ml is a good test to have.
Said: . It only took 2 to drive me crazy

Ah that's why we are dual diagnosed insane...both have two kids that made us this unstable, now I get it!  We may have had a chance with just one but...two put us both straight over the edge huh?
hey congrats from a fellow Angie...really good news!
you know what sometimes that soft padded cell complete with all the anti anxiety medication you need dont sound so bad. I just had my 6yrold birthday party and my 21 yrolds wedding within aweek of each other let me tell you i was ready for some soft walls....just took my ativan instead better then nutttin....
AH thank GOD for the miracle of antidepressants! I wish to GOD I had taken them for YEARS before I started taking them now!

Mothers magic pill......who needs valium not me this stuff is like gold(yn) ;)

Why I've found that I now actually CARE when my kids are eating dirt!  (NO I'm teasing they are 15 & 17 well past that stage LOL just realized wow better not make too much fun that's the kind of statement these days that gets you locked up!)

Ah but that padded room and a couple Paxills washed down with a few Ambiens and you know what...this disease isn't that bad a place is it?

As long as I have my ice cream that is.
Yes. I've had weekly cbc's etc. for the last 4 weeks in a row. Thought i'd get to go a month without one but dr. wants one in 2 weeks. I'm sort of new to this, so just so i'm translating correctly, .5=500 Is that right? so my 1071 is really 1.071? and they let you go to .5 before treating?  thanks and best of luck to you.  tracy
Great to hear ! Congratulations

Dyce
Wow yat 1.7 ou certainly dont have to worry about your whites. Mine is about .9 and I'm not really concerned...but watching. They wont give me another drug till it's under .5 and maybe then just let it go to hope it goes back up.

Believe me as one who never believed - these drugs ARE poisonous and CAN greatly affect your body in negative ways. If you don't HAVE to put them in you don't want to. I always thought before no biggie just another shot...I was very sadly wrong about that!

How is your hemo doing? Thats the thing that can devastate you all at once.

I always thought it a major pain having to go every week but until I had the anemia and then they got it stabilized and FINALLY back up at 11...I now understand why. Once you've had a really drastic drop like some of us have - you don't mind the CBCs at all.

Make it a game and compare print outs each week you get them done and see if you win a prize or something :)

I finally went to monthly at week 20 - LOL. But it's good my doctor is a nudge and makes me do things I wouldn't want to. I appreciate him for that.
yes .5= 500  and 1.0 would = 1000 im thinking i read that Dale Ray was down to.3 before they started him on rescue drugs..I was really enjoying my weekly cbc i just felt good knowing everything was going good because belive me i could think myself into a big ole funk esp. about being anemic and having a heart attack it was just nice to know i wasnt anemic and doing o.k .Now my doc just told me i was leveling out and only needed monthly cbc...oh man  didnt like that news but i guess that means im getting better.
AHHHHRRIGGGGGGGGGGHT!!!
That is beautiful news......Tell each of your 5 kids you want 3 million hugs. Then tell em you've got riba induced brain fog so you don't remember how many they gave you and you want 3mil more from each. Should hold ya.
So really you can tell us...what'd ya do with all them for 12 weeks-tie em up and duct tape mouths, I'm about to do that with 1.
Stay Well, Enjoy the blessings,
don
Thanks for all the info guys. Helpful as ever...Good luck to you goldyn and you too nygirl. You're quite the trooper.

Strator- Hi! I hope everything is going well with you. I just wanted to say hello and let ya know i think about ya. Love your advice on the 3 million hugs btw. Always good to read your mind...take care. tracy
My hgb is at 12. so i guess thats ok,. ...
my two youngest ones will give it a good shot with all those hugs my older three would give me a kiss on the cheek and tell me to get over it .... when i told my 18yrold daughter she said all right now i can share  your makeup, it brought a tear to my eye because she always wants to share makeup and earrings and for the last 3yrs since i found out i had  hcv all sharing stopped,..its those little things this stupid virus takes away from us...that makes us strive even more for svr.
Hey girl, your hgb at 12 is great. Is your Doctor giving you a break on these labs cost since you have no insurance? I bet your business will be a great success. Since you have the will to pay out of pocket on all those test you had. Best of luck to ya.
Congratulations!!!  Way to go.

Beagle
Congratulations to you, too!  I had a big drop in my viral load, so we can both cheer and say bye-bye viruses!

Susan
Congratulations!! It's wonderful to see the treatment working so well on a fellow 1a. Very encouraging!
Bob
Congrats!!!!!
I'm geno 1a, week 17/48, week 12 UND. Pre VL 6,108,000.
How old are your kids? 5...WOW.
God bless you!!!
Can Said...."BTW us kids were behaving a little better today".....
yeah right...when we were kids Dad would come home, ask what trouble we caused and we'd say we behaved, he'd think a minute then say  "Awright the 1/2 dozen of yas, down here right now and Line up. Now somebody better tell me what REALLY happened today!"

Glad to see you poppin around here lots when you can Can. Hope you're feeling as good as you make us feel. Laughed all the way to bed last night after reading all the goings on yesterday. Course that's not the first time I've heard laughter in bed.
Hey- Wsan't azgirl and someone else starting Friday or this past weekend. Any posts on how they're doing?

Beamer- Dude you're like a little scatback. Ping ping ping Richochet rabbit. I'll see a post and then, I don't. Hope you're getting on through this. Live it full when ya can.
Hey maybe you should be my designated laugher with the wacko goings on here. I get to laughin and I can't finish reading em.
Be Well Gents,
Don
CONGRATULATIONS!  12 week undetectible is the best ever.  I am 1A, 31/48, and I cleared at 12 weeks too!  Couldn't wipe the smile off of my face for a week!  I love hearing this great news, hang in there...I can't even imagine having 5, count them 5, kids!  I do good keeping up with 2 cats and a cocker spaniel.

i have 5of them critters twin boys who will be 21 in 2 weeks,an 18yrold girl a 8yrold boy and a6yrold boy that will only talk to you about Godzilla.
  we started tx about the same time congrats on your 12 week unde, hows your sides?

ON A PRETTY POISION-congrats to you i love to here all these 1a people doing so good , was the 24week pcr just as wonderful a feeling as the 12th?
Goldyn- That's 2 blessings. Sharing with your daughter-and an 18yro that wants to share with her Mom. Bet your some Mom.

Tracy-Hey Lady, kind of you to ask, I'm doing pretty good,hope your doing well too. Ilike that you posted about telling your 14yold. I well remember when you posted concerns about  telling your 2 kids and how they'd react. Really touched me.

today you said..."..but. I have to live with my past..."
Tracy-our past is what it is, it's not our job to live with it. It's our job to wake each day and ask for help to ive above it.
Sounds like you are doing just that.

Ladies- May your days be blessed with the reflection of your love in your children's eyes.
Don
big chuck or not, your quite a gentleman. And it seems also quite a ladies man. Hope your sx's are few dude. You have a calming effect on this board. Good luck to you

BTW us kids were behaving a little better today.
You leave me at a loss...
Thank you sooo much for your kind words. I'm still trying to get all the numbers straight so your knowledge helps me alot. My dr.'s really cool and seems to do mostly hepc patients. He let me skip a few pregnancy tests and only charges me $50- $80 a visit depending on if i see him or his np. Most of the expense for me has been prior to the start of treatment. Wasn't sure what was wrong with me in the beginning so they ran all kinds of tests...but. I have to live with my past and i guess this is part of it. regrets, i have a few. just told my 14 year old yesterday. i didn't want to worry him. now i just don't want to lie to him...
Again, thank you and best of everything.    tracy
Congratulations at your results!  Quick share that makeup with your daughter now, who said you can get hep c from makeup?
My neutrophils and WCC are still in range but sliding down to the lower end of the scale (and that was in the first 2 weeks) so I am taking an immune stimulant astragalus, shall see if its doing any good at the 4 week check up next week and I'll let you guys know.
Congratulations!  That is fantastic news.  I love to hear all of the undetectables!  Good luck as you continue on your treatment journey.
said regrets, i have a few. just told my 14 year old yesterday.

Dont we all!  I told my kids right away because I knew they'd know something was up and at 15 and 17 they could handle it but...telling your child WHEN you've reached UND sounds like a GREAT thing and I wish I had been able to do that.

As long as we are honest with them, you know kids they alwaYs pick up that something is wrong, I TRULY believe that telling the truth is better than trying to hide something from them.  That is just impossible and then they get REALLY worried because surely if you aren't telling them something it must be BIG and BAD and SCARY.

I've got regrets too - hopefully this will help my kids from making some of the same mistakes...in their futures.  If it can be used to teach them a life lesson and keep them from those "mistakes of the 80s LOL" then I'd rather have contracted it than them get it someday...you know?

Did everyone notice that after last week being a bummer with our buds having set backs this week has started off pretty good with the news. Let hope it continues for say around 100,000 years. Yeah Angie
Thanks you guys. I know i don't know any of you but i feel like we're all going through this together you know? thanks again.  tracy
Tator says....Cando... Jacket Fitting at 1 p.m SHARP!!!

Yeah like they haven't tried that before. I might be crazy, well really i have a card to prove it. But anywhy they haven't caught me yet. Heck once i even went streaking just to get away from them. Scared the little old ladys, and a lot of people were giggleing and laughing, but they didn't get me. So ha ha to you my favorite snack food.

Tracy, your the one with courage, spending all of that money. You made me feel quilty for crying just having to pay co-pays. Now i pay it and smile and tell them thank you.

Best to both of you.
Thanks for the kind words...I guess I felt from the beginning (after the initial shock) that I owed it to the people I love to take care of this. I didn't put too much thought into it other than that. I didn't really think about the sx's. (I am now...)I knew I had a little money saved. Now I don't. It's just money. This entire experience has shown me what's important in life. Don't get me wrong- I'm using Commitment to Care and Quest has a program where they'll discount your lab cost (if you ask)...I just want to be around long enough to see grandbabies and for my children to know that I did everything I could to see them grow up...Thanks again for all your help and support. This board has been a lifeline for me.   tracy
How much did you tell your kids?  I just told mine I need to take Tx for a liver Dx.  I didn't want to get into the: how I got it, Does he have it, will he inadvertantly tell someone scenarios.  I didn't want to give my 14 year old ammunition.  How did you guys approach it all? and how did the kids take it, what was their response?
DITTO!  CONGRATS!  I too cleared at 12 weeks and actually had a bounce in my step!  My 24 week PCR results came back on my B'day Neg also!  Hang in there, you are doing a great job killing them critters!   Don't know how with all you have going on, hope there is a nanny in the picture or alot of family around to help.

I also am a 1A, Riba & Peg..... 28/48 ( I think, get confused!)

YOU GO GIRL! Week 24 your face will hurt from smiling so much!

Fisheress