Hepatitis C Community
2 weeks after triple tx

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

2 weeks after triple tx

It's been 2 weeks today since I took my last ribavirin and almost 3 weeks since I had my last pegasys shot and I am starting to get feel almost normal. ( big emphasys on almost).
I have a good feeling about stuff I do at work ( pride in what I do). I'm still not as strong and don't have the endurance I should, but I can do my work now.
Still haven't gone out a cleaned up the ice storm damage, but I'm looking at it daily.
My attitude is getting better.
I'm down to every other day, taking the ad's the doc had me on, which means I will soon be only taking 2 pills a day soon. ( prilosec). I hate taking pills.

While on the incivek, I had ALL the major sides.
So I just wanted to say to the people that are struggling through the early stages of triple tx, ( or any hep c treatment)
there is life at the end of all that hell.

Just wish my hair would start growing back
Congratulations!!  That Incivek was tough on us and on those pesky virons so it's all gooooood.  haha  Seeing it in the rear view mirror, doesn't seem so bad for the outcome.  You did it my fellow warrior and I salute you.
Hi Marty, so good to hear you are doing so well. I am 4.5 weeks post tx (incivek/24 wks). This is the week I would say I am where you are. Taking me a bit longer but it's definitely getting better. We are healing, wahoo!

Had a meeting yesterday, had to talk, off the cuff, for an hour about the analysis I had been doing.  Completely lost my thoughts about 40 minutes in.  Had to stop and regroup. Embarrassing. But did finish after a couple min break. Two weeks ago could not have done more than 10 minutes.  Each week it's a little better. I can do some light arobics again. I can walk a mile without resting.

Onward to SVR!
Congratulations, I am about where you are, I think it takes a while to feel better.  I feel better, who wouldn't, however am having good and bad days
Dee
Thanks all for posting this encouraging news.  So good to hear your recovery is happening quickly and you have no residual problems.  Wish you the very best for continued UND's.
Sounds like you are doing good.  Good Luck Marty !
good for you marty....after 6 weeks i started feeling way better....you'll be doing great soon...i went from 150 zoloft to 100 then 75 then 50 then 25 and now have stopped 3.5 months post tx.... waiting for results is really something after tx...i want to get tested every week..but still only once a month...good luck...billy
im new to the forum and this is my second try !! 1st time was only on pegyltd intfrn/riba was only on tx 3mths had to stop side effects dibilitated me !! now im going to be starting the 3 med's incivek/pgltd intfrn/riba. hearing u guys discuss the tx gives me more hope thank you & congratulations