3 Month PCR results; note to those on or about to begin tx
Got a phone call this AM from my GI's office stating that my 3 month PCR has come back - CLEAR!!!

Thank God for His mercies!!!

And thanks to everyone here at MedHelp who has been so helpful, kind, caring and giving of their time to me. Hep C and it's tx are very complicated and trying things to have to deal with. What a great blessing to have a place to come to like this - and with so many willing to freeely offer of themselves.

My LFT's continue to look good, hovering in the low 20's (after years of being elevated prior to tx). They did mention that my white count and red count are still below normal range. And that I will need to discuss at my meeting next week with the GIPA about what to do in regards to my still being anemic 3 months post tx. I am hopeful that is managable and can be overcome in time.

For those about to begin or are on tx now: keep up the good fight - it is very much worth it to go after this incideous monster. And when you do, make sure that your doctor and health care givers are working FOR YOU! That it is understood up front that you are only going on this tx with one goal in mind - TO ELIMINATE THIS VIRUS! And to reach that goal you want to use every weapon in the arsenal to get there. That means maximum dosages of both interferon and ribavirin rx'ed up front beofre starting tx, and NO DOSE REDUCTIONS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! Make it understood that your caregivers MUST INTERVENE PROACTIVELY, BEFORE tx-reducing or tx-ending problems arise.
Their goals have to be in line with your goals - or else ask for, look for and find referrals to a doctor who will work in your best interests. And always ask questions and look for answers. There are so many unknowns in Hep C and it's tx that any assurance can make a huge difference in your care. Research what you can and get support from those who can and will - including all the good folks right here. Don't believe any doomsayers. The goal of ridding yourself of this never ceasing invader is a good and worthy one.

David

Congratulations on the good news.  And thanks for the post. Those are the posts that help keep some of going when the times get rough.  Gives me hope and strength to get through this.
Oh, I'm so relieved and happy for you!!  I was starting to wonder and worry that maybe the news wasn't good because we haven't heard from you in awhile.  It really looks like you've beat this thing.  Congratulations and best wishes for continued good health.  What a great way to kick off the spring and summer months!  Hope your garden is doing well, too.

Susan
That is absolutely WONDERFUL News!!!!

Hey... that news came along with my first blooms from the "Carolina Silver Bells" That I planted in your honor last year... Now That is Ironic!

CONGRATULATIONS David.. You just made my day, & I am so Happy For You!!!

Vicki
:)
I told ya that May 3rd had good energy about it! just the mention of it speeded up the PCR delivery, wow! You made just the right choices for your situation. Optimum doses and length of tx, and it worked!
What a morale booster!
I am so happy you were successful...how are we celebrating?
James Taylor will be at Jones Beach also...
Nice job, guy.  It's really a circle, by helping yourself, sharing, and helping us, goes around/comes around.  Congratulations and a huge "thank you".

dA
David,

I am sooooo glad to hear that!  What a relief!  I am so happy for you.

I am so happy for you!  I've read thru these congratulatory posts...everyone has been so eloquent & funny, they've truly said it all.

But I can add again my personal thanks.  I'm in week 9, doing well.  Like others here, I owe you so much.  I am so grateful this forum is here, that you were here in the beginning when I needed so much advice and that you are SVR at 3 mos. post.  

Stay well,
Laika
Yesssssssssss!   Oh joy!   As befits the Passover season, you have left oppressive Egypt ("the narrow place") for the wide horizons of freedom.  This is simply wonderful news, David.  And now for this moniker of yours.  Don't you think it's time to shuck off Hepguy and become Prize-Winning Tomato-Growing Guy or simply FreeAtLastGuy?  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind and supportive presence here, your unwavering dedication to getting the information out, and your inspiring personal commitment to getting the job done right.   Milk and honey on the house!
I am so happy for you! I've been missing your posts on the forum and wondering how you are. Enjoy your freedom, and please stick around for those of us just about to start tx.
Lauren
I can't express how thrilled I am with your great news. You have done so much for so many of us here and I am forever grateful that you have worked so hard to bring us valuable information. I stopped tx in June of 2004 and still have a very slight anemia. My surgeon cautioned me that a residual anemia may persist after tx as a result of the assault on my bone marrow and he seems to have been correct in that regard. I don't feel extremely fatigued but having been on tx for the better part of 4 years it is hard for me to recall a baseline on which to judge. At any rate I feel enormously better than I have in years so it's all good. I wish you a speedy and complete recovery and congratulate you on your success. Be well. Mike
Excellent. You've brought joy to all here-Live like you mean it! frank
David, I am also very thrilled and happy for you and echo all other comments. Be well and be happy.

Mattie
I'm very, very happy for you.  I missed hearing from you for a while and wondered about your test.  I also have to chime in about all your support and information- so much appreciated and so helpful.  God bless you,  Dave

GREAT NEWS. I'm really moved by your great fortune & wlc back after a prolonged absence. Stay well & good health to you.

Good luck all,
Ben
Way to go!!!!  You have to be jumping up and down!  What a great feeling to come up undetected.  My doc speaks of using the three month post-tx PCR as the standard, replacing the six month test.  He feels the stats are just about identical.  Congratulations!!!  Great having your input on the forum.  You keep everyone up to date with all the latest research and medical info. and I am sure that your efforts have been widely appreciated.

Keep living the healthy life, enjoy the gradual return to GREAT health, and don't get rattled by post-tx hangover symptoms.  They are almost universal, and they seem to eventually give way to feeling great!  You can breathe a lot easier, and more relaxed now....it is a wonderful feeling.  

Let's all keep active on the board as much as possible.  Where we once were led and advised, we now can be the guides and helpers to all the new, and confused members coming to the forum to figure out what to do next.

I hope you celebrate this one in style!!!!  Best of luck!

DoubleDose
Congratulations!  I am so happy everytime I read such good news because it gives me such hope.  I recently ended tx and will get my 3 month PCR end of July.  I pray I can post good results also. :)
This is wonderful news and a wonderful day!  Thanks so much for all of your wisdom, encouragement, sharing and so forth.  News like this really makes it all worthwhile to keep on fighting the dragon.
Yesssss!!!  Everyone here said it so well!  You have offered us so much information and research.  You gave out advice to many of us that kept us going or even kept us from cutting dosages and then backed it up with studies!  You saved many from going the second round with your knowledge of this disease.  And the icing on the cake,,,,You are a good friend to all of us!  This is so great to come here and read this today! It makes the journey that we have been on,,,,so much worth it to get to this point.  Enjoy yourself and celebrate!!
Congratulations, news like that helps us to keep going.
Ifeel such a  positive connection  reading all your news . CONGRATULATIONS and this has given me HOPE. I begin tx soon and I needed this and I will not give up.  GOD BLESS AUBBIE
I'm just thrilled for you! I've always looked for your post here, they are always so informative. Have missed you when you didn't. You BEAT IT TO THE DIRT! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!! I am so glad for you. You have been an inspiration to me and I'm sure, most of us. I am 1/4 the way through tx and when I feel like I cannot take it another day, I come here and read all the good news and that makes me fight on another day.....God surely has smiled upon you.
Let me add my congrats. You can really enjoy life again. As a newbee (week 5), I like to get encouragement from any where I can get it. I to looked forward to your Hep C post updates. They helped me in making my decision to tx. I feel like **** in ways I can't explain, but the encouragement and success stories keep me going. I'll miss the clinical updates.
Wow I missed your post! Hey this is great!! I know you suffered a lot through tx. I hope your feeling much better. I am soooo glad you are undetectable! I just want to take the time to thank you for your support to  me and to everyone on this forum. You have been a great help to many in their times of need. I've missed you but wish you the very best... I hope we still see you around. LL
Thats what it is all about!! You definately earned it, and what somebody said above about helping others sure paid off..
Thanks for all the info you filled me with when I first came here, always quick to provide explanations..
Congratulations on the 3 month PCR, we know the odds now, right??
Good things happen to good people and you're on a winning streak; go buy a lottery ticket:)
Hope your health is improving day by day and the sx of tx are at last leaving your body.
Many congratulations!
Congratulations on the good news!
You already know how I feel but I wanted you to see it here too. David, God sent you here not only for yourself to get healed but also to help others and my man you have definatly not let him down. You  are the most caring and and helpful person I have had the pleasure of getting to know. Even when you were down and discouraged with your own problems and sides,you made it a point to find information out there to help others and to help keep this board free from invaders that wanted to discourage tx .(will not mention any names LOL)

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for being such a friend.
Kim
CONGRADULATIONS MAN!!! wow, i'm so happy to hear this!!!...you help so many others and i'm so glad you have cleared David...party big time!!! sparkling grape juice all arround...hip hip horray!!! BLESSINGS FOR A LONG AND HEALTHFUL LIFE TO YOU!!! sandi
Woo hoo!!!!!!  This is fantastic!