Hepatitis C Community
3 week pcr.

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

3 week pcr.

HCV Qual RNA by PCR Positive, HCV RNA detected.  -      
  Reference range: < 50 IU/mL.

Bummer.

"...Houston, you need to get those reentry procedures to us now! I don't have to tell you that we are all a little tired up here...and the Earths getting awfully big in the window... 13 out"
between 50>  and  <600.
Sorry to hear that. Did you have much of a drop in VL? Are you staying the course or changing anything? Plus how have your sides been under this huge hcv attack?

Forgive the many questions just enquring minds would like to know.
Wait a minute, starting VL was 3 million, so that is a 2 log drop at least, right?
im not up on your situation but i know its bad and maybe you dont have time to wait around for
fda approval of new drugs. i suggest you make every effort through the most high profile docs to get some telapravir right now. i think they are far enough along to where you can pull that off.
this has been done in the past with plenty of other drugs before fda approval for
special cases. ill bet you will qualify and can get some. from what little i know about
your case it looks like you need it now.
3,000,000 to somewhere between 50 and 600 would be more closer to a 4 log drop. und soon it would seem. Good luck
If I calculated this right through the brain fog, that is about a 4.5 log drop after a double dose every 5 days with 1600 riba. Total of 5 injections. Lab draw the day before the 4 week mark. Sweet.

"... Houston, we finished the burn and gimbles look good, O2 levels look good and we have had to learn how to fly with an elephant on our back, but we are doing better up here... 13 out..."
50>  and  <600 at 3 weeks.
Roger that.
UND @ week #4?
Before the next fortnight like to hear "The Eagle has landed".

Over and out.
Hector
I would still characterize your situation as encouraging. Good luck and smooth sailing going forward.
Mr Liver
I had detectebel <15iuml at week 4  baseline 3. 3 miljon, my doc gave me more then 90% SVR if going 48 weeks.
I dont trust that totaly but it gave me some hope though.

I think you are up to something impotent in boosting the immunial system in end and after finish tx.

In fact my doc told me that people over  50 who are UND at EOT have more relapsers then younger people, and the only logical reason for that is that the older you get the less effectiv your immunial system works.
So I´m gonna boost with lactoferrin in the end aswell.

Otherwise I think your respond seems equal to mine. ( maybe even better )

So Major Tom are you gonna circle for 48 weeks aswell?

ca alias
Ziggy Stardust
Not impotent on the contrary very potent and importent.
Thinking of throwing in some
testosterone supplement in end also would make it even more potent.
Got to investigate a bit further on that, before deciding anything though.
fingers are crossed my friend
Ground Control and Major Tom:  Yay!  Wishing the best to you both.

Isobella
The Scorched Earth Variant of SOC is working!

Go for it!
congrats....how's your brain holding up???
did you get your procrit????
Just looking in to say I'm really wishing for a good outcome for you.  So far looks fine I think, just stay the course - not easy I know.  
dointime
My prayers and good wishes are with you. Marcia
Looking good gauf, a big drop like that is fantastic at only week three. Remember you're not on a PI so you can't realistically expect to go UND superquick, and your viral load is very low already anyway. You could be UND in another week making you RVR. I'd say your gimbals are pointing in the right direction and no O2 tanks have exploded. You're doing good dude, hang in there!
Gauf... Keep in mind I didn't change viral load level until week 12 and I hit SVR.

So - methinks you got a very encouraging read back.

Hugs sweetie!

Meki
Been watching your journal, thanks, I find it helpful as I steel myself to start treating. I was really pulling for you to RVR. We all desire RVR for the reasons we all know. The Egyptian Alinia trial left some very important questions unanswered when it comes to the speed in which one responds as it relates to SVR.  If you remember, the Drs. in that trial started with 12 weeks of Alinia mono, supposedly in hopes it would do the job. When there was only a "disappointing 1 log" drop they then added  SOC. I saw nothing about VLs at 4 weeks after SOC starting. My point is this, we do not know how Alinia "synergises" with SOC, or when. What is interesting is this (a cut and paste from one of HRs comments about what he learned at last Novs conference)   "Again, I was told, that not a single EOT neg patient in the NTZ group actually available for testing was found pos at post treat wk12. Like NTZ somehow prevents relapse by having reduced the invisible residual to ultralow levels in the UND treatment phase , because it keeps working at the residual because there is no real resistance to it oppositre as this might be the case with a drug that attaches to a viral protein?" ---- 0, ZERO! relapsers. If Alinia is not so strong on the front end MAYBE it's real help is on the back end. Wish we knew how many "breakthroughs" there were. HANG in there DUDE, get UND, we are all pulling and/or praying for you. jerry

Sounds like great news!
That sounds like a good drop to me. You'll probably be UND 4th week. If you remember, I am doing the alinia (predosed Alinia and riba) and just prior to starting tx, my VL went up to 40 million! But then baseline it went down to 3 million. Week 3 UND (geno2).

I double dosed for 4 weeks and thru in some extra riba here and there so actually I figured I would be UND by week 2 being last tx I didn't double dose and was und by week 4. So its hard sometimes to make any sense out of it all. I look at RVR as a good sign, but in my case at least, it doesn't necessarily mean a shoe - in. War wounds from the last round keep me from celebrating too quickly. But I am hoping the Alinia is giving it that added punch or whatever it needs. I'm not taking any vitamins or anything this round. Took a little NAC here and there, but I don't feel comfortable taking any added stuff except the meds. I don't know if this tx is affecting you any differently, but this one has affected me differently with morning nausea - lost 15 pounds so far and I can't afford to lose any more so I am trying to eat but nothing appeals to me.

Just wanted to give ya a shout out as a fellow re-lapser and Alinia user and let you know where I am in tx. Week 9 btw.

I hope and pray you make it this time round. I think you will.

MO
Wish you the best..
I don't know how any doctor could offer a 90% SVR rate when my doc told me its more like 40%, and even in people like me who are young, otherwise healthy with no liver damage yet and have probably only had HCV for 5-10 years, he told me maybe 50-60%.  At least thats what he told me for 1a.  I was told 1a is much harder to eradicate than any other geno.  2 and 3 I was told have a 70-80% chance off the bat in most circumstances.  Not trying to get you down in anyway, just being realistic.  And I have RVR'd and been UND since my first PCR test week 8, so Im happy for that, but I wouldnt want anyone thinking 90% chance is the norm, because I highly doubt that.
RVR is UND by week 4 and yes even for G1s RVR = 85 - 90% SVR rate.
UND by week 8 isnt RVR. It is a good response and your SVR odds would be somewhere around 70%.
The 40% figure is before you start Tx, your odds then go up and/or down from that depending on your response to the drugs.

CS
Not a bad response. Its a pity the PCR test didnt give you the exact number.
You could well be UND by week 4.
Anyway still looks good for you seeing as you are doing 48 weeks.
Hows your mood holding up to the extra IFN.

All the Best
CS
Hoping for good things out of those Week 4 results, gauf.  Results are looking good so far.  Hope you are holding up okay and not being battered too hard from the ground assault and getting the help you need as you go.   Hang in there.

Trish
Welcome back dude. I am holding up ok. I went to a single dose every 4 days for 8 days. Now at every 5 days. Cut the riba back to 1400 too. Actually, the sx are getting worse. Some depression and insomnia. Queesey stomach and fatigue on the day 3 peak. Slighty anemic. Still working everyday though. EV has dropped off the map and I am worried about her man Joe, he was having a rough time of it. I am still taking all the supps.

"... 13, we don't know why the number 5 engine cut out early, but we are gonna just let the other 4 burn a little longer."
" Roger that Houston..... looks like we just had our glitch for this mission...... 13 out..."
When is your next pcr?  I hope the answer is somewhere at about the end of 4 weeks from when you started.  But, because of your peg schedule, the "'week count" gets somewhat obscured.  I'd think you'd try to get it as far waay for the prior peg shot and just befor the next one - whenever that works out to be.
You taking SAMe. If so how much.
high dose Pegasys can be a little harsh on your moods
CS
FLGuy, I am not scheduled for another pcr until week 11. But, will push for one sooner and with more sensitivity.
-----------------------------
CS, Taking 400 mg twice a day sam-e.  Started the Oxymatrine at week 4 when I cut back to single dose peg.
Yeah, I'd think that you'd want to know in which you become und - or at least narrow it down to a two-week range.  That could prove to be a very important piece of info down the road.
I said RVRd by week 8 because that was my first PCR...I couldve been UND by week 4 for all I know...
well, eventually you knew you'd have to cut back...why not before all is fried?

I agree with the Sam-E statement above, it can contribute to insomnia.

Since your liver makes more daytime and less evenings...when it changes gears entirely and  makes melatonin instead...it might help you to dose that early only for a while and see if that helps.
hang in there.
mb