Hepatitis C Community
6th week shot?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

6th week shot?

hi all,
hope you are all feelin good. i'm new to this and i have a ?
after my 6th week shot, i've had back and flank pain that mimic's kindney stones. i've had a stone before, i'm on peg 150mg and 6 ribo's a day. should i be getting a urine when i go to my 2week blood work (also my renal showed good in blood).
hope someone can give feedback.

thanks for reading
winner727
Tags: stones, urine, Pain
The doctor should be monitoring your creatinine levels at each CBC. This is a blood test to determine kidney function.
forgot to say that you need to drink at least 2 liters of water each day when you are treating, as the meds dry you out...
and not everything is a result of the hep treatments - if you do develop a pain that is similar to something you are already familiar with (or not) you need to contact your doctor to make sure nothing is wrong.

We ALL get used to blaming everything on treatment and hep but sometimes.......it's just regular old problems that develop.