9 Months Post Infergen Disaster
If you've followed my progress regarding the dangers of Infergen overdose, I wanted to post the post treatment condition as of now.

Although I was told to try overdosing by my Gastro, and I was brought to a near death liver failure situation, I feel I've fully recovered, but with some lingering effects.

Surprisingly, after this fourth failed treatment, my hair came back with a vengeance and with all the thickness and curls (this didn't happen with the previous three Interferon/Pegasys/Ribavirin treatments). The doctor and I can't figure this out, but I'm thankful.

For those who don't know, I was taking 24mcg of Infergen daily (9mcg more than the standard dose) along with 1200mg Ribavirin daily for two months. It got so bad, I couldn't get out of bed, my ALT and AST levels went into the 700's, and the alarmed doctor stopped my treatment immediately. I was dying...

I feel my recovery is full now with the exception of seldom heat flashes, skin discoloration and insomnia. The ever present Reflux problem during treatment is finally gone. I will say though that the gaunt look on my face is still there, but I feel all my strength is back. I'm currently recovering from a hip replacement. The doctor was concerned with anesthesia affecting the liver. He said if it didn't immediately affect the liver, then the liver has not been affected. So, I'm still alive to tell the tale...

Magnum
Magnum,

There are no words to say how glad I am that you finally are getting the relief that you totally deserve. What you went through was a literal nightmare. I don't know how you did it...I just don't.

I am so very glad to hear that you are doing well. You're a great person and deserve to have your life and your hair ... back.

Mine better grow back or I'm gonna SUE! :)
Yours is a classic case of the cure is worse than the disease!  Glad you are feeling better, and recovering from the hip replacement.  Cool beans about the hair too!
I remember your posts well and how you were taking so much more than everyone else.  Glad your life is finially feeling a little better and hair...yes.   Keep us posted on your progress.

Pat
Thanks for your support my friends. Yes, be weary of overdoing treatment. I was lucky, someone else may have checked out instead. I may owe it to the fact that I always stayed in shape and worked out, even during my treatments, to the point of agony. But, I feel that got me through this very brutal last treatment. The doctor now has plans for me to enter the VX-950 trials later this year. Thank God he said I can afford to wait. Supposedly, the VX-950 is up for FDA approval next year. Vertex is really pushing hard for it. I hope we all clear. You are all in my thoughts...

Magnum
Magnum - I hope it is not too late and you see my comments.  The world, the business and family have a strong grip on me and can barely get over here -but I won't stop.  (They just wouldn't appreciate me disappearing like days gone by).  I have thought about you though, ((((Magnum)))).  Gotta say when I see 'eyeballs' or a strapping gent w/thick curly hair - 'Magnum' comes to mind!  I did have fun with you during your treatment!  Glad the doctor advises you can afford a little time before treating again.  You deserve a good break!

Scott - Gotta say, I think you're hilarioius with a great sense of humor and don't believe I'm in the minority thinking that!!!! You know the scene where one takes a sip of coffee early in the morn and reads something funny and unexpected?  And a spray of coffee spews forth onto the newspaper or computer screen - well that happened to me stopping by here this am.  Glad to see your humor intact!