Hepatitis C Community
ALT AST - How high is TOO high?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

ALT AST - How high is TOO high?

I am so thankful to find you guys. Almost in tears with relief. I'm new to anything thing like this. Scared and ignorant. Please have patience. I'm female. 38 years old. I was told in 2001 I have Autoimmune Hepatitis. This month my ALT is 2515 and my AST is 1325. Jumped to there in one week from ALT 1848 / AST 906. Had been running in the over 100 mark for months. Can anyone tell me what this means? I know it's high. And I know the 'normal' ranges. What I need to know is how high can you go? And what might I be looking at in my future. I called the National Liver Foundation and asked and that nice lady about my levels. She didn't believe me. She thought I misplaced the decimal point or it was a lab error. I told her I had three test within a seven day period and all of them that range and going up fast. She had no information other than see their web site. I appreciated her help, but I'm still looking for more. Would appreciate any help possible. Straight from you guys who are there or from other links somewhere. THANKS!