Hepatitis C Community
ALT Levels

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

ALT Levels

I am active duty military and recieved quite a few shots in a very short time frame including Small Pox, Anthrax, and a few others.  I had developed sever headaches about a week after recieving both the nthrax and the Small Pox Vaccines.  I went to the Doc and he said that it was a side effect and it should be good in a few more weeks.  Well after 29 days of severe headaches and getting to a point where it hurt to open my eyes I went back to the Doc.  They preformed an MRI, a CAT scan and a spinal tap, all were normal. The one thing that did come up is my ALT count, it was 368, went down to 98, but is now steadly increasing again, now back up to almost 200.  They sent off for a Hep test but it came back negative?  Any suggestions?  The only medication I am taking is Elavil (for my headaches).

thanks