ALT count

I took a liver function test back in 2001 and my ALT was elevated to 84. I took another test about two weeks ago and my ALT's were at 131. In 2001 I was negative for hep A, B, or c. the doctor and test again last week and my ALT are now at 178. I won't be able to see the doctor until this Tuesday or so can any one give me some insight on what is going on. I am only 23 and I rarely drink. One every few months. I go to the gym a lot, so I don't understand what is going on. What could cause these liver tests to be so high?
I just got lab work back and my Hep C count was 7.4 mil. Has anyone ever seen a count this high?
Do you have a risk factor for hepatitis b or c?  Risky sex, blood transfusion or drug use?

Your alt is definitely elevated.
#1. your liver enzymes have been going steadily up for years now and I don't think that can be considered a good thing. Like Jakie said, do you have any of the risk factors for hepc because while 81 might be attributed to too much exercise or too much medication I think 181 is too high to be any of those things.  You need to get tested again for hep and find out what is going on asap. Mine were in the upper 200s (which the doc considered very high) and that is how I was originally suspected of having hepc. Get the blood test as soon as you can. Luckily, hep usually isn't a quickly degenerating disease....and it won't matter a week or two one way or the other for certain.

#2. 7.4 mil is not all that high for the virus compared to some others in here and what they have had.  Viral load means really nothing to determine how well (or bad) off your liver is and what kind of damage it has sustainned from this disease.  Generally the liver enzymes are a better indicator of that however by themselves cannot tell you what stage liver damage you have. You need to have a liver biopsy to find out.  As odd as it sounds it is not painful and the procedure is very quick (done in 3 minutes) - it's nerve wracking because you can't believe it won't hurt and boring because they keep you for a few hours afterward to monitor you but.............it is the one way you can tell what is going on.

My count when I started was 18,900,000 and was >5 or undetectable after 10 weeks of treatment.  ALT and AST, billirubins are now all normal and all were high.  Alll blood is normal except cell counts are just under normal due to Peginterferon.  Have 13 more shots to go and if I live through all the nastiness and awful side effects, I know that I will be back to normal.  Just have to stay positive and do this thing one day at a time, just like I did 17 years ago when I took my last drink.  Good luck to you.
what does it mean when your ALT is in the 200's