Hepatitis C Community
ANYONE ELSE ON THE 7977+5885 TRIAL?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

ANYONE ELSE ON THE 7977+5885 TRIAL?

I'm on day 9 of 7977/5885 no riba for 24 weeks.

Anyone else out there??
I'm going to keep bumping this up for a while. Hoping others on this trial will see it and post.
Yay UKgirl. Curious about your VL tests...

I know someone on another forum on this trial with riba for 12 weeks. Will send her the link.
Hi, thanks Katla for the link.  I am on the 12-week, Riba arm.  My VL came down from 1,470,000 to 163 w/in a 10-day period.  Have you had any sides?  I think most of my sides have been from the Riba, but it's hard to tell.  

Sandy
Going in on Tuesday Katla, to get my first week VL results.
Hey Sandy. If you're HepSandy from the other link, we're already talking ;-)
I'll PM you here.
I was on 7977, BMS520079, an riba.  Some sx were:  Little stomach upset the first week or so. Slight light headedness for a few seconds after taking 7977 for the first week or so. Slight cough from the riba lasted unti 5 weeks post tx. It came and went. from the riba.  I kept a journal if you want more info.

Good luck!
  Hi UKgirl, congrats on your 9th day Treating :)
I'm sorry, but I was distracted with my own Tx, during many of your posts, but I am interested in this Trial you are in.
   Can you tell me what genotype you are, your Stage of liver damage, and if you have Treated before?
I'm sorry, I should have it memorized, since I read your posts, but I was mainly focused on the Triple Tx posts~
  I would much rather have the rest of my friends and family, who have Hep C, do the Interferon Free Tx's.
   One more question:  Do you, or anybody else reading this,know if there is a chance of you becoming tolerant to the new generation of DAA (7977 aka  Sofosbuvir) in this study, and if this happens, what the research Docotrs plan on doing, if this happens?
   This is my husbands fear, so he is staying away from these double blind studies~
UKgirl, just remembered someone else. Will pm her shortly.

Boceprevirgal- UKgirl is NOT on a double blind study; it's open label, i.e. everyone knows what drugs they are on.

And as far as resistance, the new drugs are said to have a high barrier of resistance but no one really knows yet which was one of the reasons I was so worried about doing my trial.
  Yes,  you are smart to think ahead, and thank-you for that imfo
Genotype 1a. High VL, tx naive, IL28b CC. According to my fibrosure test (blood test) F0. Had the virus for 35 years....very, very lucky!

Oh, that is great.  I'm also glad you avoided the Interferon, and the Ribaviran is no picnic either~
Good Luck, this is exciting
When I screened for the trial, my VL was fourteen million. Yesterday my trial nurse called me. The results of ONE WEEK of treatment and my VL was down to 53!!!!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!
I just came on to see about your VL. So happy to read this...
Have you hit your SVR 12 yet katla? Feel like I'm really behind on the 7977/BMS 12 week trial. Do you know how anyone else did on the same trial?
yeah...I'm anxiously awaiting the results from my (almost) 24 weeks post...should have it early next week.I couldn't get much information from my trial coordinator. I know they had 9 subjects/patients, my guess is 6 on the 12 week, some with and some without Riba. I know not everyone is clear but she said they were happy were the results.
Where does the time go?? I'm sure you'll be fine Katla. Can't wait to hear the good news. I wonder which ones didn't make it.
Just got my second week blood work results.....

UNDETECTED!!!!

Wanted to let you all know that these drugs ARE doing the trick!!!

Oh.....and NO riba!!!
AWESOME !!!! I am so very very happy for you and for the future of hep C treatment.
AWESOME INDEED!!!! That's really amazing.

Not to steal your thunder (or whatever the expression is) but my 24 week post tx pcr was undetectable (it was actually a little less that 24 2wks)
Wonderful news !
These new meds are working !!!!!!
Oh Katla.....that's not stealing my thunder....It's just adding to the joy and the celebration!!!!

How wonderful!!!!
oh my old friends! hi everyone and yes im undetectable at 6 months post too! good luck with your trial ukgirl!!! second week undetectable, amazing :D
hi katla! i was told, i thought anyway, that every one on our trial was und at 6 months post- no?