Hepatitis C Community
Advice please ?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Advice please ?

Hi all,
I went to see my liver consultant today and she told me that it was time to start treatment with Interferon/Ribavarin.
I have had problems with depression/brain fogs and so I have to see a specialist for some 'Cognitive Therapy' first as I will need to be in a better frame of mind before my treatment starts [so I was informed by the doc].
She wouldn't tell me a lot about this treatment and said to wait until nearer the time.
However, I happen to think that knowledge is all a part of looking after yourself so I'd like to hear about YOUR experiences with this type of treatment [or indeed any other].
What were the physical/mental effects, did it work, that sort of thing ?!
Thanks,
Jon
Probably as with most of us, these drugs can cause depression,   if you are not on ADs already,  they want to give you a fighting chance.

Many Docs, want you to see and have contact with a Physchatrist,  incase something does go wrong.

There is a lot to learn about Inteferon and Riba.

You will find some good info here,  some good support also.

I think there are a lot that have treated more than once,  some who go SVR first time,

Some who never have,  there are different types of geno types,  a lot of factors.

Side effects can be horrible or easy.  Hepc it seems to me is almost unique to everyone.

Anyway as I said,  lots of good info here.  So welcome!

Deb

Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
clean_in_ks commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
opus88 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Track your weight over time