African American Undetected 1 month post
Good news today but sad news yesterday.  Just had my 1 month post tx dr's appt.  I was treated for 6 months on triple tx with Victrelis.  I learned today that I am still undetected.  When I asked the doctor what that meant, and then told him I understood what less than 43 meant, he said that I am now less than 10!!  Being part African American with a starting viral load in the MILLIONS........this is ground breaking news, and I am the first to finish and clear at my clinic.  I go back in 5 months.  More details on that will be written in my journal later.

Regretfully, yesterday my Auntie died right in front of my eyes.  So I have no real celebration in me at this moment.  Sertraline (Zoloft), which I only started for tx, made it possible for me to hold it together.  Of that I am convinced, as my normal throughout my life is that I am a huge cryer. I am forever grateful to the Lord for bringing me through so much and for blessing me with family.  I appreciate each of you but will have to type more at another time.  I grieve for your losses too (Eureka, Needing Help, and so many others).

Blessings,
Bee
So sorry about your Auntie but so happy about you being UND ...we celebrate at a future time - God bless.....Fred
I am sorry to hear about your Aunt, but very glad to hear about your UND news.  You are still recouping from your treatment as well, so take extra care of your self today, rest, and remember the celebration that was your Aunts life....
Congrats on SVR!! Sorry about your Auntie. The best thing to do is cry and not hold in the emotions. I am glad you have the love and support of your family. Neither treatment nor the loss of a loved one is something we should go through alone. I hope you continue to post your SVR as time progresses.
Isn't that just the way life seems to go? We take the good with the bad and that is all we can do. Thank God there is the good. Prayers for your painful loss and prayers of thanks for your new joy.
So sorry to hear about your Auntie. It sounds as though you were close. Prayers to you and your family.
And congrats on SVR!
Bee, I am so sorry about your auntie.  I know they are precious, even the surrogate ones...  You are strong, you made it through...  But don't be afraid to let loose.  Have a good cry.  Or prayer.  Or whatever you feel like doing.

You, too, are precious.  Your auntie is in paradise.  At the same time, you have been given the opportunity to continue being Bee...
Bee I am soo sorry you lost your Auntie!  Life seems to be so bitter sweet.  She would be so proud of you being SVR!  So keep up the good work in her memory

Jules
Sorry to hear about your loss.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.  Great news about your 1 month post UND.  Onward to the SVR posting in 5 more months!

Sorry to hear about your loss Bee.......

Congrats on the 4 wk. post UND. This is a great predictor of overall success.

Best wishes to you and positive thoughts...
Will
I'm so sorry for your loss, and can only imagine the pain of losing a loved one, right in front of you that way. This journey called Life brings us so much pain, and so much joy, also.
   Congrats on your 4 week post UND~ that is a beautiful thing
Sweet and sour.   I am so sorry for your loss.  I know it must completely overshadow your the good news on the und and am so glad for you that is was good news.  My prayers are with you and your Bee.
Sorry for your lost.
Happy for you UND.
Will be praying for you.
Wish you didn't have such sorrow so soon after tx.

Reva
It is so hard when we lose people we love. I am sorry for your loss. I am happy that you have remained UNd just wish it could have been a happier day for you. Take care keep us posted with your next lab
So sorry, Bee. May you find comfort in the blessing that she was in your life.
Congrats on SVR. We will share the joya little later.
All the best to you, dear.
How bittersweet learning of your renewed life while losing one dear to you.
I offer this quote from the Buddha to comfort you~to know her goodness lives on.

"Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds."
Bee I am so sorry to hear of your Aunts passing and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad about your und though. hang in there. I lost my mother in law 3 weeks ago but know she is somewhere special.
Thank you all so, so much.  For those of you who mentioned having a good cry...... I totally agree.  Problem is...... I find that I kind of can't, because of the Zoloft.  Weird, hunh?  But there you have it.  I know it is the medication and not me because I normally cry so much I cannot speak, cannot stay standing, always unable to control the flow of my tears.  So witnessing such an emotional, sad moment and not falling to pieces.....I know 100% it is the anti-depressant.  I realized its affect when Whitney Houston died.  My reaction just is not my norm.  So for those of you contemplating ADs for treatment, they DO kick in at some point and aid in keeping you calmer.

For some very complex reasons, I only met my Auntie a couple of years ago, but I know I will treasure even these few memories forever.  We bonded instantly and she treated me as if she had been around me all my life.  I look forward to seeing her and my other loved ones again in Heaven.

Thank you so much for your kindness.  I feel some of the weight of this and just wonder if once I get off the Zoloft if I will be hit with a flood of emotions, good and bad.

Hugs, Bee
I am so very sorry for your loss.  What an emotional week for you, for anybody it would be however just finishing tx would make it worse for some people.  I am praying for you Bee and you are blessed
Love
Dee
What a time full of emotion for you.  It is also springtime, and you will heal.  WmoM
Thank you both for your kind words.  Wishing you both the best!