Anthony Kiedis
So, im reading his book Scar Tissue and on the first page he talks about curing his hep-c by injecting ozone... has anyone here ever tried this????
I dont know why anyone would, I've never heard of anyone else being cured this way.
There have been several threads mentioning this over the many years you can read them by typing it into the search bar.
yea im researching it now... it seems to work to reduce viral load and ast/alt, there have been clinical trials... not sure if its a cure but if you have undetectable viral load i would guess you are cured... Kiedis says blood test after he did the therapy showed that the virus was undetectable ...

Ozone: Possible mechanisms of anti-viral action

The viral culling effects of ozone in infected blood may recruit the following mechanisms:

Denaturation of virions through direct contact with ozone. Ozone, via this mechanism, disrupts viral envelope proteins, lipoproteins, lipids, and glycoproteins. The presence of numerous double bonds in these unsaturated molecules makes them vulnerable to the oxidizing effects of ozone which readily donates its oxygen atom and accepts electrons in these redox reactions. Double bonds are thus reconfigured, molecular architecture is disrupted and widespread breakage of the envelope ensues. Deprived of an envelope, virions cannot sustain nor replicate themselves.

Ozone proper, and the peroxide compounds it creates, may directly alter structures on the viral envelope which are necessary for attachment to host cells. Peplomers, the viral glycoproteins protuberances which connect to host cell receptors are likely sites of ozone action. Alteration in peplomer integrity impairs attachment to host cellular membranes foiling viral attachment and penetration.

Introduction of ozone into the serum portion of whole blood induces the formation of lipid and protein peroxides. While these peroxides are not toxic to the host in quantities produced by ozone therapy, they nevertheless possess oxidizing properties of their own which persist in the bloodstream for several hours. Peroxides created by ozone administration show long-term antiviral effects which serve to further reduce viral load. This factor may explain in part the reason for the fact that ozonated blood in the amount processed in usual treatment protocols is able to reduce viral load values in the total blood volume.

Immunological effects of ozone have been documented. Cytokines are proteins manufactured by several different types of cells which regulate the functions of other cells. Mostly released by leucocytes, they are important in mobilizing the immune response. It has been found that ozone induces the release of cytokines which in turn activate a spectrum of immune cells. This is likely to constitute a significant avenue for the reduction of circulating virions.

Ozone action on viral particles in infected blood yield several possible outcomes. One outcome is the modification of virions so that they remain structurally grossly intact yet sufficiently dysfunctional as to be nonpathogenic. This attenuation of viral particle functionality through slight modifications of the viral envelope, and possibly the viral genome itself, modifies pathogenicity and allows the host to increase the sophistication of its immune response. The creation of dysfunctional viruses by ozone offers unique therapeutic possibilities. In view of the fact that so many mutational variants exist in any one afflicted individual, the creation of an antigenic spectrum of crippled virions could provide for a unique host-specific stimulation of the immune system, thus designing what may be called a host-specific autovaccine.

Summary

Viruses are far from being static entities. As quintessential intracellular parasites they have developed, through millions of years of cohabitation with their hosts, astoundingly sophisticated structures, survival, and propagation mechanisms. They have adapted, modified their biological strategies, and evolved impressive genetic diversity and mutational capacity to cope with the changing ecology of planetary life.

HCV has an extremely high rate of mutation and within any one individual there may exist millions of antigenic quasispecies. The disease process is marked by periods of viral quiescence alternating with viremic waves whereby billions of virions are poured into the blood and lymphatic reservoirs. Their astounding numbers stress the immune system relentlessly and produce an inexorable compromise in all parameters of its functioning.

Viral load reduction by means of ozone blood treatment alleviates immune system fatigue. Ozone-mediated viral culling may be achieved by anyone of a number of possible mechanisms. Direct virion denaturation, peplomer alteration, lipid and protein peroxide formation, cytokine induction, host pan-humoral activation, and host-specific autovaccine creation are suggested mechanisms. Due to the excess energy contained within the ozone molecule, it is theoretically likely that ozone, unlike antiviral options available today, will show effectiveness across the entire genotype and subtype spectrum.

Ozone embodies unique physico-chemical and biological properties which suggest an important role in the therapy of hepatitis C, either as a monotherapy, or as an adjunct to standard treatment regimens.

Here is the latest thread  were ozone therapy has been discussed thoroughly.To date there is no data by clinical trial that it  will do anything to cure Hepc.Also in some it can actually be a very dangerous modality even leading to  death in some as you can see from the thread below.

Sorry ...forgot the thread

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/IV-ozone-therapy-Hepatitis-C-100-effective-in-irradicating-for-good/show/1003054?personal_page_id=1837988#post_6582113
ok thanks for the info, im probably going on treatment as soon as the tele comes out, just thought it was interesting that he claims this cured him... i wonder what his medical condition is now, this book came out in 2004....?  pretty sure he has been clean and sober for a long long time and guessing he is very aware of his health now, eating organic, etc so all that's certainly helping the condition of his liver...
A few days ago, I got a cut on my big toe.  Since I wear shoes and socks 12 hours a day I wanted to make sure the wound stays clean and gets aired out as much as possible.  I was using cleaning the wound and using neosporin every night.  Last night I dabbed it with hydogen peroxide and really doused it good a few times.  Today, I don't have a viral load.  Although it could have been the neosporin now I'm thinking it was the hydrogen peroxide.  A connection? I wonder.
Since I wear shoes and socks 12 hours a day

Never sandals, I hope.
Too many people around here with a toe fetish.  But, the Teva's and gray socks are still in the closet.
I'm betting AK was juicing at the same time he was ozoning.
buncha hippies
I heard there a was a Birkenstock sighting in FL last year. Appropriate authorities were dispatched to intervene and thanks to an agressive community outreach, it appears to have been an isolated incident.

The neighboring state of Key West didn't fare as well. It's been reported to have infestations of both Birkenstocks and Democrats. Researchers are looking for a correlation.  
Many people also claim that the world with end next Saturday the 21st...
Claiming something, doesn't make it so.

"Advertising signs that con you
Into thinking you're the one,
That can do what's never been done,
That can win what's never been won,
Meantime life outside goes on
All around you." Dylan 1965

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.may-212011.com/
This site reveals the most complete written, audio, and video Bible teachings which conclusively prove May 21, 2011 to be Judgment Day and The Rapture, and October 21, 2011 to be the end of the world.  It is most urgent to examine yourself, whether you are saved.

May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day, Rapture, End of World
This Web Site is best viewed with Internet Explorer (What! God is not Firefox or Google Chrome friendly??????
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he'd found: The world will end May 21, 2011."

prediction about Judgment Day.

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping's believers gathered inside Alameda's Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven.

But the world did not end. Camping allowed that he may have made a mathematical error. He spent the next decade running new calculations, as well as overseeing a media company that has grown significantly in size and reach.

"We are now translated into 48 languages and have been transmitting into China on an AM station without getting jammed once," Camping said. "How can that happen without God's mercy?"

His office is flanked by satellite dishes in the parking lot that transmit his talk show, "Open Forum." In the Bay Area, he's heard on 610 AM, KEAR. Camping says his company owns about 55 stations in the United States alone, and that his message arrives on every continent.

"I'm looking forward to it," said Ted Solomon, 60, who started listening to Camping in 1997. He's worked at Family Radio since 2004, making sure international translators properly dictate Camping's sermons.

Hectorsf
Local officials take a dim look at the Birkenstock/gray socks combination at local beaches. They carry away too much sand and we've had problems with beach erosion the last few years.  A real conundrum for tree/beach/turtle hugging environmentalists.
I read that too Hector.  And according to them there was supposed to be two earthquakes yesterday that would wipe out Rome and a city in Thailand - I was pretty surprised when there was an earthquake in Spain and Greece but.............it sure was a big difference than wiping out Rome.

What I read that Camping guy said was that he hadn't yet read one of the books in the old testament and because he hadn't, his math was off. LOL OK

He did an awfully good job becoming a multimultimulti millionaire though.
Maybe he's found a way to take it with him when he goes next week.
So sad those people givving up their jobs and belongings to go preach this crock of bs stuff - what a scam.......but as we always say let the buyer beware ;)

Clinical trials ?  Let's see the results.
turtle hugging environmentalists

Kinky, hippie commies. They start with turtles and ain't happy till they fern'catin wit the manatees.