Anti HCV test
Hi, i have one question, i have been tested with Anti HCV test and it was negative with results (0-0), that was before 6 months. Yesterday i have done one more Anti HCV test, ho was also negative but with results (0-0.9).
Can anybody tell me what is the diference between those two tests, what those numbers means and m i danger?
tnx
Anti-HCV tests detect the presence of antibodies to the virus, indicating exposure to HCV. These tests cannot tell if you still have an active viral infection, only that you were exposed to the virus in the past. Usually, the test is reported as “positive” or “negative.” There is some evidence that, if your test is “weakly positive,” it may not mean that you have been exposed to the HCV virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revised its guidelines in 2003 and suggests that weakly positive tests be confirmed with the next test before being reported.  

that low of a number could also be machine error or slide contamination. Ergo, you may or may not have a few antibodies to the disease. If you have antibodies it only proves you were exposed, not that you have the disease. Your body may have successfully fought any exposure and won the fight...as 20% of people do do.  However, if this is the case, you will always test positive for antibodies from then on.

Since your number was so low, you should be retested to rule out lab error and do not become overly concerned until you are. If you test positive for antibodies twice, then you should also have an RNA test to determine if you have an active virus which genotype of the disease you have (there are over 50 types) and also how much virus you have...also
known as viral load (VL).  If you test neg again, don't worry about these tests, they only apply if you do have the virus.

Also, if your Anti test is positive, but your RNA  test is negative, it means they could not find any viral RNA, which means that the Antitest was a false positive, because if there is a virus there, even a small amount, the current RNA tests can detect that. So if you have an RNA test come back, no genotype found...then you don't have the disease.

My sons test came back ANti Pos, no genotype found VL 27.
According to the inventor of the tests even a VL of 27 should be enough to determine RNA genotype. The fact that repeated test could find NO RNA caused him, and the labs to conclude the original Anti-screens, and even the VL were false positives, and either machine or cross contamination between slides.
These machines must be maintained at very high sterility levels and with attention to detail in order for no slide to become contaminated by another. As long as there are humans there will be some percentile of error.

Ergo make darn sure you have the disease before you go treating it. This treatment is difficult and comes with many risks.
One liver doctor wanted to treat my son, not knowing his genotype.....thanks be to GOD Medhelp was here, and The doctor who invented these tests (Hepatitis Researcher...HR) set me straight.
It would have been foolishness to have put him through a grueling treatment for what was on the slide next to his.

mb
Tnx for the response merryBe, it helps me a lot.