Hepatitis C Community
Anyone in Colorado on Kaiser using UCH hepatology dept?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I need to switch health insurance for 2015 and I'm looking at maybe switching to Kaiser.  When I was being screened for a transplant at Univ of Colorado several years back, I remember one woman in the group was referred by Kaiser because they didn't have a transplant center of their own.  Is anyone currently being seen at UCH and on the transplant waiting list that has Kaiser for their insurance?
Hi there, I am sorry you have not gotten an answer yet, the right person hasn't seen it yet.  I am hoping that today someone will see this that can help you.   I also think it would be a good idea to find out how they treat HCV.  I have a feeling they would be one of those ins companies that would do a "step" vs the latest tx.  I could be way off base and I hope I am, I will try to search for information
This is from Kaiser Health News

http://kaiserhealthnews.org/news/hepatitis-c-patients-may-not-qualify-for-pricey-drugs-unless-illness-is-advanced/

I don't know what your other choices are but is there a Blue Cross?..or Aetna?  United Health?  I can't think of the others
Thanks Dee. I have already treated with sovaldi/olysio and was undetectable at 12 weeks post treatment, but I have cirrhosis so I still take xifaxan. What I've found so far is that neither Kaiser nor Anthem has it on their formulary. I haven't checked them all yet. I don't even know if Aetna offers coverage in Colorado.
I've heard Kaiser is pretty good for transplants because they will pay your way to centers in other states if you live in a high meld state. I have a friend in California who has been with them for years in California and he loves Kaiser. They have paid for him to treat three times and sent him to ucsf for his transplant.