Hepatitis C Community
B & C

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

B & C

Labs back...hubby positive for Hep B & C. How can I not have it??? Can this be correct? It all sounds so crazy. I will tell the truth...I thought he was having affairs so we have not had "real" sex in about 4 years. I am so upset for him someone help please. I prayed to God before the labs were in that even if he was cheating to forgive him and not let this happen..... ::(((( advice please TY Carol
Hi, Carol—

It’s very important to understand the difference between being positive for antibodies, and being positive for active virus. Antibodies are proteins that our bodies produce on their own in response to a pathogen (virus). Just as one can have antibodies to the flu, or maybe chicken pox, we can have antibodies to Hepatitis virus as well.

If your husband was ever exposed or vaccinated to Hep B, or was ever exposed to Hep C, he’ll always have these antibodies. The ones for Hep B are protective; they will prevent him from ever getting it again in his lifetime.

Talk to a doctor about this before making any rash accusations; there very well may be good explanations for everything—

Bill
I have Hep C.. (UND at the moment) but I have been with my hubby for 5 years and he doesnt have it. I know I didnt cheat and besides with HCV its Blood to Blood contact you get it from. Getting it from Sex isnt but like a 2% chance, unless its rough sex and blood is involved.

do a lot of reading on this board. Most doctors tell me not to listen but if i hadnt i wouldnt have known ANYTHING.. just like my doctor. lol These people like Bill for instance, really know their stuff.

Good Luck