Hepatitis C Community
B 12 deficiency
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

B 12 deficiency

I have hepatitis c and I am wondering if that could be the cause of my B 12 deficency? My level is 2.5 ... I know very low. I really have no complaints. I had symptoms like carpol syndrome, hands feeling numb when I wake up, grouchy, waking up in the middle of the night and being really tired. Funny eh cause it seems like I'm not getting enough sleep so I always blamed my lack of sleep. And I'm always grouchy so it was like nothing really changed. Until My doc checked my B12 level!
Related Discussions
548668_tn?1394190822
The same happened to me about 5 years ago;  the Doc gave me an injection of B12 and 'presto':  my sciatica disappeared and my energy levels lifted.    Some people can take the supplements but you need to have an 'intrinsic factor' test to see whether your stomach can absorb the B12 or not (many elderley folk have to have injections instead).  Luckily, I can take supplements and notice if I don't.

I believe many HVC positive people can be deficient in B12 (along with other nutrients - I was low in Vit D also).   I'm not sure of the reasons why (my doctor said at the time it wasn't 'liver damage dependant', but now I'm not so sure. Congrats to your doctor for checking.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...