Hepatitis C Community
BLAST FROM THE PAST

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Well hello all!  Today is the first day of summer and it's been almost 2 years since I finished tx.  I see ALOT of new people here and still some "old timers".  I wanted to start this thread so everyone could jump in and say hello, give their stats and hopefully some success stories to give encouragment to those of you slaying this dragon.

This site was a lifesaver for me and I hope that each and everyone one of you find the info as informative and the people as caring as I did.  I could not have done it without this site.  There will be HAPPIER DAYS no matter how you may feel right now.  Been there, done it and want to hear from you!

Luvs,
Colette
Hey girl!  I'm Cathy, new to this site, and appreciating all the oldies and newbies here too.  Waiting to start treatment, it's a great pleasure to get a visit from someone who has beaten down the dragon, stepped over it's dead body, and gone on to enjoy life to the fullest!!!  Loved your page, very cool.   Thanks for bringing some cheer into the room today!  

HCV genotype 2b, VL >17 mill. Stage 1 Grade 1, expecting to start tx asap.

Cathy

Hey, great to hear from you! Congrats on your SVR status; by the way. Did you ever find that cabana boy you were looking for :o)?

I’m still plugging along with treatment… I relapsed after 56 weeks back in ’05, and am currently in week 93/96 second time around. Feel pretty good, though, all things considered.

Hang in there, and take care of the (o)(o)’s, LOL!

Bill
It's so nice to see you again. I am happy that you're still in the clear. I am too and have been since 2004. Stay well Colette. Mike
Good to see you again! I'm a little past 2 years SVR myself although haven't tested since 1 year post. Rumor has it that you like to fish :)

-- Jim
It is wonderful to hear from survivors. I am just on the 5th shot, got the rash and some nausea but so far it is doable. I would like to hear from SVR's about any lasting sides and how long until back to ?
I am also fairly new to this forum and am waiting to hopefully soon start tx. Am G 3. I must agree that this site is a life savor. I would have never been able to receive so much knowledge and support preparing for tx and I'm definitely here to stay.

Congrats on your SVR, those three letters always have the sweetest sound.

Marcia
Nice to meet you.  I just completed the Telaprevir trial and am now undetectable after 12 weeks post treatment.  I am starting to dream about a life without HCV after being diagnosed in 1987.

Take care,
Eric
Hi, I remember you!  Glad you dropped by to give an update.  It's always a pleasure to hear progress from those who fought and achieved SVR.  Gives hope to those who are still fighting.  I am coming up to 2 years SVR this July.
WOOHOO!  Ya'll did read my post and respond!  How cool!  Good to hear from you all and the newbies of course.  CMcH, hang in there and you are right, it is doable!  How long do you have?  So far I really have had no lasting side affects aside from the weight gain, seems I can't take a lb off or even a inch no matter what I do.  My metabolism is in SHUT DOWN.  Have had thyroid checked and all is fine. Never lost any weight during tx either so must be the 50 year old syndrome sneaking up on me! ERRRRRRR

Yeaaaaa jmjm530!  I am sure though when you do test you will be fine.  So HAPPY for you!  Oh and did I mention I like to fish?  LOL!

MIKESIMON!  HELLO!  Glad you are doing well and in the clear.  Life is good huh?  Good to hear from you too!

Bill1954.....You still have your sence of humor about you!  And still plugging away at it huh?  You are a much better person than me, I surley would have given up by now ....the wimp I am!  Cudo's to you!  Hang in there cause I have held this cabanna boy position for you untill you can get in the sun and enjoy!   hehehehe and the ta-ta's are fine...  :-)

Cathy, welcome!  You go girl!  Getherdone!  How long do you have to tx for?  Hang in here at this site, you will find so much support on bad days as well as good days.  You will find yourself even helping others as you beat down the dragon and thats a good feeling.  Best of luck to ya chica!

I'll be checking back.  I cannot stay away forever and wanted to know how all are doing.  I wanted to read thru some post out of couriosity to see if anyone is doing any new type treatments.  Is there anything out there new & improved?

My very best to all.......
Luvs,
Colette

The way I see it, if you want to see the rainbow you have to put up with the rain......

I remember you, too.  I've been around here for...ever   it seems.   Still chasing treatments and I'm currently in another trial, Debio-025 + SOC.

Susan400
Well hello girl, still flying the friendly skys??? Good to see your name again and that all is going well for you. Nice POOL weather isn't it??? :)

cando still looking.
really great to see survivors come back and say hello...gives us all hope...thank you!!!!
mb
Collette - Hi, I guess I am not an old timer, yet, but I've been treating geno1 for about 50 weeks (22 to go).  It's nice to hear from a Slayer!

Cathy - welcome to the forum. Best of luck on your TX. I hope it is short and smooth.

Brent
*PERK*  

Cabana Boy?

Where?

Let me at 'im --- Let me at 'im.

Nice to see you here Colette - hope all is going GREAT with you!

Meki
Yes, it's good to hear from you again. It's a refreshing feeling to know that someone who has left came back to ask how things are going. There's a lot of apathy in this world and yours is a welcome change from that.... Stay healthy....

Magnum
Thanks for posting.  As a newbie I was at first surprised at the number of people on this forum who were actually hep C undetectaIbe -- but thank God it's so! -- it's so great that SVR people are here, along struggling HCVers -- you all lend so much hope and knowledge and experience, and in my heart of hearts I thank each and everyone of you.

Fisheress: Hello, so glad to meet you :).  Husband's stats are: Geno 1, VL 3.74 million, Stage 4, post HCC resection, tx start (hopefully) end of July, planned SOC w/Alinia.

~eureka
Hey, Colette.  Been thinking about you!  Miss you, actually.  We had some great times, eh?  How's life at the bay?  Catch any big ones?  Funny - I posted a thread today -- must be old home week - about my appointment with the hepatologist.  I feel the same way about the metabolism.  I am actually about 25# higher than when I finished treatment.  I see what I am doing, but don't seem to be able to change course.  Say, did Maggie retreat yet?
kathy
Great to see you. I'm about 2 years SVR myself. Take care and be well!!
Wow I see a bunch of names I recognize from times past when I haunted these boards. I've been coming and going since my first dx in 2002. Never treated. Thinking about it again and am being considered for one of the Telaprevir trials.
HEY GIRL! WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE TO SEE YOU HERE!  :)

18 months post 72 weeks Geno 1A & 1B SVR.

Boy that feels great to say even after all of this time. I think it's important for us oldies to come in and let people see that TREATMENT works! It's not easy and you gotta suffer but it's OH SO WORTH IT!
Again.....sooooo happy to hear from all! I just luv it!  Hoep everyone will check back as I did and stay in touch.  Kathy, I will drop you a email.

MUAH to all!

AND REMEMBER:
GOOD FRIENDS ARE LIKE STARS. YOU DON'T ALWAYS SEE THEM, BUT YOU ALWAYS KNOW THEY ARE THERE!!!!!

We are all one