Back pain
Another newbie here.  Only took "doctors"  20 years to discover(HCV)--having full symptoms!  First complication/confusion is low left side back pain.  Soft to touch last rib. Radiating pains, etc.  Films show little, so inflamation?  Suggestions? to futher direct my own investigations?  And I want to hear from member chcnme on jawbone connection?  Had perfect molar pulled because of pain!  I wanted "badluck" as ID, but taken......
Welcome.  The jaw bone connection is not really a "connection" with Hep C unless your have an abscessed tooth or gum disease or peridontal disease.  I had upper and lower jaw bone pain from ear to ear from peridontital disease (not just one tooth but all teeth were affected).  Tooth problems are common with Hep C, and if you have them (problems) when you start treatment, they're going to turn into bigger problems, probably.  It's kind of the nature of the beast in many with Hep C and with treatment.  If you have Hep C, it's important to take care of your teeth and gums.

Left lower back pain is usually not a symptom of Hep C alone unless your kidneys have started giving you some kind of problem (and kidney problems can occur with Hep C.)  If the pain continues in your back and you start running a fever, get to the doc.  I developed a kidney infection following acute hep - very painful, very sick, started with lower back pain.

The only pain I have in my ribs is in the front  (sore to touch at times, not often, but I've noticed it before and suspected it had something to do with my liver (or eating too much :)   Inflammation?  Yeah, could be.  

If the films you are talking about is a chest x-ray, that won't tell them anything about your liver.  Are you seeing a liver doctor   (gastroenterologist / hepatologist) ?  If not you need to be with Hep C.  Best of luck.

Don't drink any booze.
I think you should be granted an honorary physician's certificate for the practice of hep-c consultation.

Amazing how much you know, not to mention, have been through.
lmao hahahah yeah - i got it good (symptom-wise) with the acute in the 70's (with the kidney infection) and ... symptom-wise on prior to diagnosis, and then the treatment trip, and since treatment - I've been on line since (3, almost 4 years now) just reading and eating Hep C.  I honestly wish I could erase all this stuff from my mind because - ignorance is bliss :) But thank ya for the kind comment.  Trust me, you'll know just as much as everyone else who's been on line this long if you keep reading (and you probably will).  We know more than some docs. And in fact it's for sure we know more than GPs! My GP - everytime I go see him - acts much more interested in talking to me about Hep C, asking questions about it and the treatment, etc., than ... checking my thyroid.  He's a good doc, but it's for sure Hep C is not his speciality :)
I said "perfect" molar.  Dental Health is easy to maintain.  Surgeon specialist(s) could find no cause.  Why would Interferon cause teeth problems?  Scared.  How can a drug cause (clinical) Depression?  Expert Hep Dr. here also said no connection to back pain.  Web "info" connects HCV to arthritis and vessel inflamation.        Read my text more closely or be clairvoyant.  "Irritability" is another HCV symptom.  20 years of symptoms,i.e., fever all the time!  Not mere X-ray film either.  I knew enough to enter GI clinic when I had acute attack.  Never tested!  Stupid.  I have choice of returning there for TX (?)  Here is real question.  HCV discovered at the famous Rehabilitation Institute where I went for back pain Trial.  Rejected. I saw another www trial call for back pain that excludes Heps.  Wha up wit that?
Yes I know irritability.  If that molar was perfect, then maybe your should get some reimbursement from the dentist who pulled a perfectly good tooth.   Dental health is not easy to maintain when it comes to chronic illness, Hep C, HIV, or AIDS.  It can be extremely costly with all three and with treatment and after treatment.  Why did you ask about back pain?  (You've been to the doctor.)  If you're peeing OK and have no fever or don't wake up in your own urine delirious with fever, then you're probably just fine re: back pain being possible related to your kidneys possibly getting ready to shut down.

Hep C treatment can soften all of your bones because it can deplete calcium (i.e. the bone supporting your teeth in your jaw.)  Many with chronic Hep C will eventually have full mouth extractions due to problems with their teeth.  Hep C treatment can cause depression because it's a combination of two powerful drugs that are very unfriendly.  Look up PegInterferon and Ribavirin and start reading.  

I have no clue what's up with your x-rays or why you were rejected for the back pain trial.

Best of luck.  Ask your doc what to take for the fever. Some recommend Tylenol; some recommend Advil.
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/arthttp://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=18686.asp?articlekey=1868
a great info site.  This link is about mouth problems during cancer treatment (chemothearpy).  A "connection."