Benadryl for NAUSEA!!!!
My husband was having so much trouble holding down food, water and meds. He was always walking around holding a bag ready to vomit!  After speaking with the Dr. we found out that Benadryl would be the first thing he shoyld try before moving on to compazine!
Guess what, benadryl has been a life saver.  My husband for the last 3 days has been able to eat and drink with NO problem at all. What a difference this has made.  Actually he even feels better on a whole. Not dizzy anymore.
The Dr. told him to take 25mg 2x a day.

Of course I googled  benadry for nausea and I was so surprised to find that it is usually prescribed for pregant women during the pregnancy.  So if it's safe for them, I guess it would be safe for many people.

Mena
Glad your husband is feeling better.  Glad Benadryl worked for your husband.
Compazine is also used for cancer chemotherapy.  I was surprised to read it was also for anxiety.  Anxiety can really be an issue when treating Hepatitis C.  Like ceanothus has noted in resent posts.."Zofran is a very effective medication for nausea.  It is the Cadillac of nausea medication.  

DWBH
Thanks!
A natural alternative that works great for nausea is ginger. Any type of ginger will work. I used to take the fresh root and grate it to make ginger tea, put some in my oatmeal, etc. Some here have praised ginger chews.

Of course, the other thing that works for some is medicinal cannabis. It stops nausea and increases appetite.
Glad the Benadryl is working!  My hub had constant nausea during his first treatment ( almost two yrs ago ).  He couldn't tolerate pills for nausea, OIC or prescription.  We found that Seabands, those wrist bracelets with the acupressure points, really worked. He also used liquid Emetrol, and Canada Dry ginger Ale. When he decided to treat  this time, he started taking ginger capsules a month or so ahead of time, got a new set or wristbands, and got Nauzene tabs.  I don't know if it was the ginger, but his nausea and dizziness was much less and eventually he was own to just the Nauzene tablets occasionally.  O think ginger really works.  I'm writing this because with this tx it seems like nothing works for very long - we had to keep switching things up with all of the side effects.  I hope that doesn't happen for your husband and that his stomach settles.  best wishes!