Biopsy Recovery
I posted this same question in another thread but then thought maybe I should start a new one, sorry for repeating myself.

I am scheduled for a biopsy on June 5 and have one day to rest before I have to get back to work on June 7. I own a Bed and Breakfast and am also a massage therapist. I don't have to do any heavy lifting and doing massage isn't all that strenuous really but I just want to be sure that this is a reasonable plan. I'm going into the busy season so there really isn't a better time to schedule until September
I have had  3 biopsy"s (most here have had at least one and many here multiple times)and all were painless with no complications.
They  will usually keep you about 3 or so Hrs.(to make sure no bleeding issues) . and then just tell you to take it easy for about 24 hrs.
For the most part the majority have no problem returning to work  the next day...

Good luck.....
Will
Thanks so much for the reply. This is very helpful to know and you have done a lot to set my mind at ease!
I have had two biopsies and both procedures went off without a hitch.
With mine I showed up at the hospital around 7 in the AM and was home by 2 in the afternoon. Like Will said they keep you there for a while to make sure you are OK.  I felt normal enough to work out but the doctor told me to hold off until the following day.
                 i had 2 biopsies while working as a butcher.  i took the day of bx and the next day off.  i returned to full  duty with no problems. after taking their sample, they had me lay on the spot they punctured for 2 or 3 hours. kaiser didnt require a driver, so that says something.        barry
I had my biopsy today and it was a breeze. I hardly even knew that it was being done and it was over before I knew it. Also had an abdominal ultra sound previous to the biopsy. No sign of cirrhosis stigmata, no liver or spleen enlargement, portal vein normal. I'll have the biopsy results in a few days but so far so good.....
That's great news klonny!! Hoping your biopsy comes back as good!!! I was a big baby about mine, lol!!
hoping yr biopsy shows minimal damage!radiologist told me he's been doing the biopsies for 12 years and has only saw 2 patients with negative results where the liver biopsy is now guided w/ the ultrasound.please post yr results if you want to.
wishing you the best!
Thanks...I may not be a good example of how folks respond to biopsies but instead of resting the day after the procedure I went for a 50 mile bike ride...with the permission of  the doctor. It felt great. Now the hard part, waiting for the results. Anything stage 2 or less will be good news, anything other than that I will have to deal with. I'm just glad the anticipation and nervousness about the biopsy has come and gone. I hope this may help anyone out there who is having anxiety about having a biopsy.