Bleeding
I am only 41 and have been bleeding for 8 days now.  Not heavy but bright red.  It is not time for my menstrual cycle.  My male obgyn did a pelvic exam today and did not see anything wrong.  He has recommended I double up on my birth control (take 2 pills a day instead of 1) for 3 days.  I personally don't know if that can be healthy?  I also don't know why I am bleeding.  He thinks doubling me up will stop the bleeding.  Ok. But what is the route cause?  Any medical advice?
You better follow your doctors advice. None of us are doctors here, just lay people. You don't want to need a transfusion.
I am 28 and I have had times when my period was normal and times when it was really abnormal.  In my experience it is nothing to worry about.  I would definitely follow your dr.'s orders.  Grandma is right, you don't want to lose too much blood.  Ever since I contracted Hep C, any blood loss makes me feel like ****.  The pill is essensially made of hormones that your body naturally produces anyway.  If you were pregnant your body would release the equivelent of much more than 2 pills to stop you from bleeding.  Just think of it as a way to trick your body into doing the right thing.  Maybe it just got a little confused.  If you still keep bleeding or are really worried about it go see another dr.  Always remember that if you really feel like something is wrong it is better to be safe than sorry.
just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I bled very lightly for over a week..right on top of that I got my period...and it was heavy for about a week. It has stopped as of two days ago...thank God. I am 44 tx for 10  of 48 weeks. I have yet to see my gyno doc. about this...this can be pretty overwhelming...txing that is...
Take care...
Yvonne