Hepatitis C Community
Blisters in Buttock area

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Blisters in Buttock area

My friend came down with a high fever one day and the next day five blisters appeared on his buttock area. What could this be a cause of?  He told me that it was not the first time that a blister had appeared on that area but it wasn't that bad. Could this be some sort of STD?
Are the blisters all over or just on one side.  Shingles will pick a side and show up as a sort of blister.

No doctors here.  Just folks blessed with HCV and sharing experiences.

miss
It takes a true friend to count the blisters on someones ass. I commend you for that.

Maybe something as simple as heat blisters. I've had shingles before, but never on my buttocks. Back area and mid section and shingles HURT, like being stung by a scorpian. ( yup, been stung by a scorpian too. See 'em crawling around the house every once in a while.) Like shingles, when you get stung by one, you know it.

It's probably nothing.
BTW - 90% of people who get shingles had the chicken pox as a child.

If you had shingles, trust me, you'd know it. Not really blisters but more of a rash that looks like a 'scrape' that turns into blisters.
I had a friend who would get a small cluster of blisters on the butt at times. She said it was some kind of herpes outbreak.
I work with someone that is a pimple on the @ss of humanity......but thats as close as I get experience wise.....
The blisters are acompanied with a fever, I thik he should be seen by a doctor ASAP. Does he also have a headache? Is his neck sore and stiff? It could be a lot of things but I would agree with the other poster who said it might be a Herpes or shingles outbreak. Are they very painful?
If this has happened before and the blisters were erupting in the same place he should have them cultured so he knows what they are for sure.
Where is the THREAD from yesterday I can't find it (I'm an idiot I guess).  The 72 weeker?
I know the answer! Pick me! Pick me! I CAN HELP YOU! I have had this same event quite often for 15 years or so. Fever and all! It's the Herpes virus. It really is. It's a cluster of tiny white bumps at first end in a day or so it looks like a MEAN spider bite. In fact, the doctors will tell him it could be a bite of some kind (they all say that), but when it's "open", and he cultures it, it will come back as "Herpes". It happens to me about every year now but used to come out quite often. I have a continual scar in the area. Twice it came out on the back of my thigh and the labs confirmed it was the same thing. It's very livable and eventually doesn't come out as often, but contageous if others touch it when it's wet (when it's oozing, I even wash the toilet seat if it touches it so my family doesn't get it) You have to take Zovirax or the generic (Acyclovir) and it will settle it down quicker. Took me 14 years to give to hubby! He will know because he will be so TIRED before the breakout and a little feverish. Hope it helps.
you know that this is a hepatitis (liver) forum, not a herpes forum, right? and as the disclaimer said, no medical advice is given here.
if he is concerned, he should see his primary care physician.
How does one approach this subject with another person. It's not like popping the hood on the car for a quick oil change. Would this be a bend over inspection or the standard flat out one. Why counting? would the term several not do. If lancing the blister what if other equipment mistakenly became involved. This is a very scary scenario to me. Hey honey give her a count and see if the twins have hatched anything.

With all that said I hope your friend doesn't have a serious problem and after 30 some odd years of being married my wife would have thrown a mirror at me and said count'em yourself bud. You are good friend to him. Dale
Thank you! I printed out the synopsis yesterday and stared at it but I wanted to print out the whole thing.

Even my shrink today was like WOW even if those numbers are off a tiny bit that is such a HUGE difference I can't see why they don't encourage everyone to go for it if they aren't having THAT bad a problem with sides.

It's a long time but I sort of agree (but I am a treatment junkie after all aren't I?)  ;)
That was a great article.  I am going to keep that in mind when I start tx.   True....if you can do it .... then do it.
Heck if I know where it went! I can't find it either. Here is the link, hope that is what you are after!

http://www.natap.org/2004/EASL/easl_06.htm

PS. TGIF to you!
Thank you all for your concerned comments.  My friend finally went to his physician and found out that it was not herpes, hepatitis, or any other kind of STD.

Apparantly, it was some sort of bacterial infection of the skin, I can't remember the actual word the doctor told him because I can't even pronounce it...let alone spell it.

Oh and another thing, I am a good friend to him but, some of you had the idea that I actually counted the blisters on his ass... NO, no, no,.... he just told me but if I had to...I would probably do it. That's true love and friendship.

Thanks to you all.  Sha
Yes, it is.  "Fever Blisters"  But Herpee's it is.  Brought on by a STD most likely and very contageous during the itchy and tingly time and painful.  Especially when it is always in the same spot every time.  No cure...and comes and goes.  *****!!!