Blood Pressure
I am on treatment (pegasys & riba).  I have had high blood and taken medication for it years before treatment.  However, while on treatment my pressure is running consistently and dangerously high.  I have seen the doc and changed and added meds, but it is still consistently high. Has anyone on treatment had this problem, and how did you deal with it?  I don't want a stroke or heart attach, but I do want to stay on treatment.
Hi,,,I hope someone else will post and let us know if this is common.  In my case,,,no,,I didn't have high or higher blood pressure while on tx.  How have you been feeling while on tx?   I know normally when I'm feeling bad, it seems like my blood pressure is higher so thinking maybe the tx is adding to it.....
Thanks for the reply.  Actually I have been exceptionally well compared to what I have read about the side effects.  I only discovered the high blood while I was doiing some other routine things.  I have so few side effects, that it makes me wonder if the meds are working.  

I am watching what I eat and trying to drink more water since the increase in p;ressure.  Also, I have invested in a machine to check my pressure daily.
I've always had high BP.  140/90 with meds prior to tx.  I'm around 105/60 since I started tx.  These meds have a mind of their own, for sure.  My glucose is also down to 85 and I've lost 15 lbs.  if it wasn't for the fatigue and the "chemo brain", I'd say the interferon is OK for me.
If you blood pressure is dangerously high, then you need blood pressure medications to bring it down, regardless if it's caused by treatment or not.  I'm surprised your treating doctor hasn't informed you of this. Other factors that may help to some degree are a low fat and low salt diet, however a low fat diet may not necessarily be the best for treatment, given the fact that many of us lose weight, not to mention take ribavirin with fat. Exercise also can help but again not always possible during treatment. And keeping well hydrated -- important for treatment -- actually tends to increase blood pressure in many cases, not reduce it. So that leaves you with the high blood pressure meds again. How high is your blood pressure if I may ask?

-- Jim
"I have so few side effects, that it makes me wonder if the meds are working."  I had a free ride for 30 days.  I started to get sides around week 7.  I also went undetectable at week 7.  I doubt there is a corrolation.  
My pressure is measuring around 160/100 on average.  They tell me the 100 is dangerous.
That's borderline between stage 1 and stage 2 hypertension. I get that high sometimes and my doctor wants me on blood pressure meds.  Often one blood pressure medication isn't enough and they add a second, or even a third drug to the mix -- or use combination drugs like Hyzaar (Cozaar plus a diuretic). Adjusting blood pressure meds appears to be part of the process.

-- Jim